IGNORED

New Tire

Just want to throw out a word of caution for anyone buying new tires. We usually take for granted that a bike shop knows what they are doing when we buy new tires and we never check them. I recently purchased a new front tire from a high profile motorcycle shop near our town preparing for a 500 mile trip the next day from New Smyrna Beach, Fl to Pensacola, Fl. Departing the next morning my wife and I traveled about 100 miles and got caught in torrential rain showers, running at 65 MPH the front started lifting, if you have never hydroplaned on a bike it is very squeeze it tight feeling, slowing and getting back under control went about 10 miles, back up to speed little water on the road but again front started lifting, when I got to Pensacola looking over the bike the next day, noticed the shop had installed the tire in backward rotation, thus the hydroplaning, instead of defensing the water under the tire it was actually building up under it. Have 112,000 miles on my 01 RSV and this was a first, so always double check anyone that touches you ride, it may save your life. I have no doubt if there had been a bad accident this would never have been found. I can assure you the bike shop got my full displeasures with their job.:stirthepot:

I had ordered a set of tires for the Durango. They were directional type tread. I had the shop that does the work I cant or wont do mount them. So when I picked it up for whatever reason I looked at the tires and yup you guessed it they were not mounted correctly for they position.