IGNORED

I want to install a fairing...which one is best?

First let me say thanks for all the help I am getting as I fix up my 2006 RSTD...now I am ready to move forward on the educational process of choosing a fairing.

I have been searching thru all the post on the subject and seems there are at least three major choices and all receive praise as good products. Some of the post are fairly old so I am interested in hearing from some of the owners who have recently purchased a fairing and what you think about it.

The three that I hear mentioned are....

1.) Memphis Shades

2.) Reckless

3.) Wide Open Custom

I remember seeing other names....but can't recall them. Also have seen some pretty inexpensive no names on ebay.

I think I am interested in purchasing one with a decent stereo system already installed since installing one later is not something I feel talented enough to do....and I already have a long enough list of "to do's" items that require me enlisting help with :)

I would like a fairly tall clear windshield.

I don't mind making an attempt at painting it myself....(of course this decision may change after I see how my paint job turns out on my trunk)

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Reckless on the way. I ordered mine with just the 2 6.5” speakers and the Infinity Bluetooth head unit. My thought is that I can always add 2 more speakers later if needed. I might also mount an RSV trunk to mine so I still have 2 channels if I want to wire up the rear speakers as well. I did not get the amp from Reckless either. My brother in law found a sale at Best Buy on a small marine amp and picked it up for me and will wire it in for me. I can’t wait for the fairing to come in and once mounted, I will post some pics as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a couple more

[ATTACH]87635[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]87636[/ATTACH]

from what I read the install is real easy how much would I expect to spend on also, is this true? How much do they run? is that LA custom slip on pipes your running? Sorry for all the questions, but I have the same bike in grey and silver, and Im looking to make some upgrades.

from what I read the install is real easy how much would I expect to spend on also, is this true? How much do they run? is that LA custom slip on pipes your running? Sorry for all the questions, but I have the same bike in grey and silver, and Im looking to make some upgrades.

Kyle,

My Reckless should be at my house tomorrow. I got the Infinity Bluetooth head unit with just the 2 6.5" speakers. Reckless had a Xmas special so I ended up getting a free 12V outlet and the windshield trim as well. I did not get mine painted as I have a good painter here that will do it cheaper for me than Reckless wanted. I paid right at $800 for mine plus shipping. And it should bolt right up (hopefully). I have a 2006 RSTD. I will post some pics this week sometime. It might not get painted by then, but at least you can see another one before you make a decision.