IGNORED

Ducati Scrambler

Freebird

I like it. I've loved the scramblers since I was 15 years old and owned my Honda CL350. Love this one but it would still be hard to choose between it and the Triumph Scrambler.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/ducati-scrambler/

The Ducati is certainly more updated with the more modern suspension and other features but I love the old school style of the Triumph.

The good news is that I don't have the money so won't have to make that decision. :)

Now that is a nice scrambler, but I wish I still had my CL350, been looking for one but they are hard to find one that I can afford.

I like it. I've loved the scramblers since I was 15 years old and owned my Honda CL350. Love this one but it would still be hard to choose between it and the Triumph Scrambler.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/ducati-scrambler/

The Ducati is certainly more updated with the more modern suspension and other features but I love the old school style of the Triumph.

The good news is that I don't have the money so won't have to make that decision. :)

I bought one a few years ago. Found it up in Minnesota and paid $1200.00 for it. Then somebody offered me a decent profit and I sold it. I'll post a picture when I find it. Dumb Dumb Dumb....

I sure would like the have the Ducati or the Triumph though....800 PLUS ccs....

I found one in pretty good condition in Al. when I was driving but the guy didnt want to part with it, it was in his scrapyard with about 500 other bikes. In fact every one I asked about a price he didnt want to sell, had some sort of emotional bond with all that junk.

I bought one a few years ago. Found it up in Minnesota and paid $1200.00 for it. Then somebody offered me a decent profit and I sold it. I'll post a picture when I find it. Dumb Dumb Dumb....

I sure would like the have the Ducati or the Triumph though....800 PLUS ccs....

I have ALWAYS had a passion for scramblers myself... There was always something special about em.. I really really loved the sound of the Yamaha 125 YAS1C - it was soooo cool!

I remember vividly back in 73 our local Honda shop ran a sale on the CL350, great big sign out front = CL350/$395!! Those things were all over the place!! Funny thing, last one I redid sold for close to 3 grand! Still amazes me!!

Tell you one thing,, we beat the living daylights out of those little bikes (werent so little when we were kids)!!

I am with ya Don,, I would far rather have a "Classic" look and feel if it were me..

Its funny this subject came up,, I was helping a friend with his sporty not to long ago, he asked what I thought of his new "Patriot Pipe".. I told it was cool but if it were my bike I would HAVE to find a set of high pipes for it - make it look like a REAL motorcycle! :cool10:

Here it is. It was in fantastic condition. Wish I had kept it.

That looks a lot like my first street legal bike. Mine had a black painted cover over the muffler(s). Here's the one I really wanted SL350:

http://www.daranok.com/images/2013/11/honda-beautiful-blue-1970-honda-sl-350-with-trail-tires-motorcycle-modification-beautiful-classic-honda-cl350-motorcycle.jpg

Edited by syscrusher
photo too big....

I've been intrigued by the desmodromic valve operation for a while now. Two valves per cylinder seems a little outdated though, I'd have to look into that. 410lbs and 75 HP is a good but not overwhelming ratio. The power and torque peaks are both at high rpms while I prefer low rpm torque. I have read that high rpm peaks are a good way of doing things, probably especially for a scrambler, it should be real manageable in tight trails and such.

As a dual sport owner, when I look at a bike like this I'm always thinking of the Adventure Touring capabilities and that aspect of things does seem to have been left out of the designs. It doesn't look like it'll be too easy to mount some panniers or aluminum cases on it. Maybe a Giant Loop Great Basin saddlebag or something similar.

I don't think that the Triumph presents much competition to the Ducati, except in classic styling. When I was looking at the Triumph my choice would have been to get a T120 instead of the scrambler since it was chromed out and you'd start with a prettier bike, same under the covers. I would definitely buy the Ducati over the Triumph if I was looking.

:mo money:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanielparishflannery/2014/10/01/the-2015-ducati-scrambler-is-coming/

That looks a lot like my first street legal bike. Mine had a black painted cover over the muffler(s). Here's the one I really wanted SL350:

http://www.daranok.com/images/2013/11/honda-beautiful-blue-1970-honda-sl-350-with-trail-tires-motorcycle-modification-beautiful-classic-honda-cl350-motorcycle.jpg

I had one of those too. Mine was yellow but I liked the blue better.

My first 'big' bike was a Honda 305 scrambler. It started a long love affair with scramblers, dual sport and dirt bikes. I now steer clear of any bike that is capable of fire/off roading. I'm not smart enough to resist the wild urges of raising he!! in the dirt. But the Duc looks sweet.

Oh the memories.

I dunno. My days on a scrambler were kind of short maybe 2yr. I started on a 100 Hodaka. Light and for its size good power if I remember rite. I ran them for a local bike shop. To me a scrambler needs to be light weight and easy to get around the creeks and powerful enough to get up the hill. @ over 400# not sure how much I want to wheel this in the bush. Now the most powerful bike I remember riding in the woods (never raced one) was the old Bultaco 250. I just dont see a need for 70hp when you spend a lot of time in 2nd gear. I think the military version of the KLR which is diesel would be cool on the market for all to buy and dont know why someone has not came out with one given the popularity with diesel fuel throughout the world.

I have ALWAYS had a passion for scramblers myself... There was always something special about em.. I really really loved the sound of the Yamaha 125 YAS1C - it was soooo cool!

:cool10:

Yamaha YDS6C - 250 Scrambler. Bought mine in 1969. Engine was the de-tuned 250cc Daytona racer that won it's class year after year....went across country from New Hampshire to Mississippi, then MS to Arizona on that bike. Lots of experiences and memories...flat tires, HD riders taking pity on me, Donut shop waitress in Ft. Worth taking me home in the rain...Yikes! Zoom! Don't have any pics of my bike but did find this bike. Purchased by an English collector a few years ago...he wouldn't sell it to me!

david

Edited by videoarizona

Years ago I owned a 400 ducatti moto-crosser.

That same bike had won a major Canadian Championship a couple of years before I bought it.

All I remember about it is a couple of trips to the hospital and selling it as a basket case.:doh:

My first street legal scoot was the Suzuki T250 scrambler with high tuned pipes and a six-speed. It topped out over 90mph. It was always a hard decision what kind of tires to get. Usually ended up with the wrong ones, because I couldn't afford the right ones.

That was one of my favorites too! I had a K0 back in 69, 1st year model with the electric start, CV carbs, coolest front fender bar/brace, Gold in color and could it wheelie!! I always ran a 460 Chen Shing full nob on her and trail rode/hill climbed that old Moto Sport with the best of em.. I took it over wayyyy to big of a jump one time and both carbs came right out of the intakes - it was a heavy old girl but it ran good!!

Starting with the K1's Honda dropped the CV Carbs and the electric start.. Had a few of those thru the years that I redid for resale but only one other K0 (a red 1970).. I sold the last SL350 to a collector with a bunch of parts bikes when we cleaned out the barn, brought big money even in an unfinished state..

Speaking high pipers,, 4 years ago Tip and I were out cruising.. Rode past some kids pushing a little 67 Suzuki 100 around their yard with NO tires on it.. Stopped and told em I would trade em a running minibike for it.. They talked to their mom and BINGO.. Bike cleaned up really nice, 1st over piston and did that little sucker run!! Really neat little bike that a guy came all the way from Pennsylvania to get!:cool10:

Edited by cowpuc

Yamaha YDS6C - 250 Scrambler. Bought mine in 1969. Engine was the de-tuned 250cc Daytona racer that won it's class year after year....went across country from New Hampshire to Mississippi, then MS to Arizona on that bike. Lots of experiences and memories...flat tires, HD riders taking pity on me, Donut shop waitress in Ft. Worth taking me home in the rain...Yikes! Zoom! Don't have any pics of my bike but did find this bike. Purchased by an English collector a few years ago...he wouldn't sell it to me!

david

ROCK ON DAVID - those were sweet hearts.. Actually,, the Scrambler was an awesome bike and they still bring good money BUT,, that road racer,,, BIG BUCKS!!!

Hear is a shot of a 67 Yamaha 350 I redid (pic was before restore),, crank bearings and seals, freshend up the top end and it ran great.. It actually came with that windshield on it INTACT!! Not a high pipe street scrambler but still way cool!!

ROCK ON DAVID - those were sweet hearts.. Actually,, the Scrambler was an awesome bike and they still bring good money BUT,, that road racer,,, BIG BUCKS!!!

Hear is a shot of a 67 Yamaha 350 I redid (pic was before restore),, crank bearings and seals, freshend up the top end and it ran great.. It actually came with that windshield on it INTACT!! Not a high pipe street scrambler but still way cool!!

Nice!

Sure wish I could find one today.....really enjoyed that 250. Wheelies in first 3 gears....topped out at around 90....so darn fast.

Either a late60's or early 70's 350 or a 250 would be nice...just to ride around town on. Loved the oil lube system. Pour oil in and forget it for a few days!

Ah well...no room in the garage as is. Can't get truck in with both scoots!

david