IGNORED

Air Vent

The Goldwing type has a different curvature but might be modified to fit. I haven't got mine to look right so I just put two round pop-outs they use in small aircraft. They make minimal difference. I just made a smaller windshield I swap out during summer months.

I have a clearview, 17" with vent. I don't find any difference open or closed. I have heard that others like them, but from my vantage point I had to remove my 3 pouch windshield bag to make open room for the vent and really didn't get any noticeable benefit from the vent. Should have kept the bag.

• 5 months later...

I have been very happy with my clearview, 17" with recurve has been excellent for me. No buffeting at all. I had this at higher speeds with the factory windshield. I am 5'11" and 30" inseam. My point is I have a long back, but shorter legs. Air tends to flow just to the top of my helmet. This windshield as been very good for my wife who rides with me 90% of the time. She is only 5' 5" so she is tucked behind me most of the time. Another thought about the vent. I had a 3 pocket windshield bag but had to remove it because of the vent. I could re-install since the vent does near nothing in my opinion. The windshield bag is just another consideration as you think about options on your new clearview. Overall, I am very happy with the overall quality and style of this windshield.

So...farm1810 doesn't see much difference with the vent, and xv1100se likes the vent a lot.

I'm considering the Clearview shield with vent, or without.

I'm a shorty, and was thinking I need about 3" less than the stock shield height, I'm having a hard time looking through the shield when it's foggy or rainy.

I'm thinking the recurve shield will put the air stream a tad higher.

Dan

I purchased a Clearview with re-curve and vent for my VStar 950 Tourer. No fairing. Amazing difference!

My wife says there is far less buffeting with the Clearview VS the standard windscreen. The vent makes a huge difference for me...with it open...the air coming in decreases the low pressure area around my chest...keeping buffeting to a minimum. Closed, there is more buffeting coming up from underneath the screen and lowers.

I'm thinking doing the same for my 89 1st Gen. The 1st Gen is already fairly "quiet" sitting in the saddle at speed, but I would like to have just a bit more protection around my hands, more protection for the wife during the cooler months. And NEED more air flow in warm weather! Since we can ride year round in Arizona, I want that vent for the warmer days!

They are expensive, but worth it IMHO. Every once in a while they will have a blemish screen available at a good discount. I've bought two screens from CLearview, both blemished, and the scratches were so tiny I had to look closely to see them.

They will ship the screen to you with a protective covering on it. Mount it and go for a ride. If you like it, take the covering off and keep it. If you don't, send it back. They will take it back as long as the screen protective film is still on. You can see through the film, not the best, but good enough for a quick check out.

Hope this helps...

david

IMG_20131005_124327_010A.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
added pic

I would be surprised if they one they sell is not the same as the one for the Goldwing.

It would be a wise question to ask before buying. They install these vents in their windshields, and they sell shields made to fit our mounting brackets and hardware, so would have a similar shape and angle.

The Goldwings have quite a bit of angle, sloping more than our upright shields. If it is the same vent, the vent would sit at a funny angle.