IGNORED

New to me 2006 RSTD

It's a 2006 RSTD....white in color....12,500 miles....needs a little TLC but love it.

Trying to upload a picture....sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't....will keep trying.

Got the bike for my wife but quickly realized it was too big....so figured I would just sell it. But after riding it some I have decided to keep it and sell the Nomad I have been riding instead. I will find her a smaller bike.

Thanks for the support,

Phil

You can lower it all you want, it's still a heavy beast.

Even I'm getting tired of all the weight.

I go week to week hating it, liking it, hating it, liking it. Done all kinda mods to try and make it better, but it's still HEAVY!

I think it's all in the riding dynamics of the bike design. CIP... I could flick my '83 all over the place with total control. Even low speed handling. My '99 is like plowing mud, and the '07 isn't much better. The difference in weight?? 'Bout 75 lbs. So they're both heavy. One is designed better. A lower fuel tank is one big reason. Another is the added weight of a fork vs. frame mounted fairing... Why does the second gen blow so many rear shocks and the 1stGens seem to last forever?? Design?? :confused07: :stirthepot:

Edited by Condor

2006 RSTD,

I have a 2007 RSTD and absolutely love it. Bought it new and as you can see on my map my wife and I have been from North Carolina to Utah and a lotta places in between with multiple 1 week and 2 week trips and it just keeps purring along. Yes, it's heavy. But I'm okay with that. If you haven't noticed yet, the stock seats suck for long distance riding. The first year I had it I spent the dough and bought Ultimate brand seats for me and the boss, and it changed our world. Can ride forever now. One of the main things I like about it is virtually nobody knows what it is when I'm out riding it. I like unique things and it fits bill.

Hang in there. It will grow on you even more the longer you keep it.

No, it's going the other direction...............

Ace,

I really hate it for you that you're unhappy with the RSTD. I can see by your statements that you have given it the ol college try by doing all of the mods you have done. But, you're right, it's heavy. And it ain't ever gonna be unheavy. Lol.

So, i gotta say this; life is way too short be riding a bike that you aren't completely happy with. Sell that sucker and get yourself something that makes your wiggler wiggle everytime you ride it.

Ha, that cost money and these RSTD don't move very fast unless you give them away.

Ya, there are plenty of other bikes I'd like to have. Just haven't won the lottery yet! :cool10:

I just switch up between my ZRX1100 and this one. It'll get me by till I can do something.:fingers-crossed-emo

Hey all,I just wanted to say sorry for all the questions....just excited to learn what I can about the new to me 2006 RSTD. Trying to work on a few modifications and looking to those who have been there and done that.Thanks again for all the help, Phil

Congrats on the new ride. Don't worry about the questions, we've all been there. Short timer on this forum, have found the folks to be helpful & hospitable. :)

Edited by Illinois

Hey Phil

I have an 06 RSMTD and I love it. I bought it in December (can't ride in Alberta in December) so I took a chance, but I've never regretted it.

They're listed at around 800 lb, and my 83 GW was 750 lb, so I thought what the heck.

The GW was great except that I have long legs and my 70 year old knees could no longer handle being cramped for more than about an hour.

I've put on over 16,000 km this year (by far my best riding year ever), and recently put new tires on it. Shinko's front and rear and the front is a 130-90-16 instead of the 150-80-16 I had on before. Wow! It's like going from manual to power steering. Steering is almost effortless, and on high speed highway curves, completely neutral. No more "holding" it into the curve.

Heavy isn't an issue even though I'm getting older and weaker by the day. Once I "heave" it off the side stand and get under way, it feels lighter than my old GW.

I can't think of a bike I'd rather have.:322:

You'll love yours too.

Peter