IGNORED

What is the stock handle bar height on the 2006 RSTD?

Hey guys,

I am trying to determine my options for the handle bars on the new to me 2006 RSTD.

I have been riding a Kawasaki Vulcan for the last eight years and the handle bar height was much lower. It is difficult adjusting to the taller bars on this RSTD....probably 4" or so taller.

I am wondering if what is on my bike is the factory install or if someone has changed it. I think I would like to lower the handles....how difficult is that?

Thanks

Hello Phil: I am not sure that there is a standard height on handle bars. It is not difficult to adjust your bars. If I remember correctly. Remove your quick detach windshield. Cover your tank with a towel to protect it. Then remove the speedometer (3 bolts I think) I then either lay the speedometer off to the side or I may have unplugged it completely and set it aside. Simply loosen the bolts and adjust your bars to fit you. ( Having a second person to assist is helpful. I hope this helps...Mark

• 6 months later...

Let me re-ask the question: If you have a stock RSTD, what is your handlebar height to the center of the bar end weights?

I put Flanders bars on and am curious as to the difference to where mine are set and stock bars.

Just so you know, my Flanders bars height to the center of the bar end weights is 36 1/2" as we speak.

I have stock bars, and yours look like mine. I am guessing yours are stock, it's hard to tell from pics.

I actually rotated my bars up a bit, I felt they were too low.

I would like bars with a little more pull back, but not sure what I can get away with...don't want to change cables out.

The reason that I posted this is because I think mine are a bit low. However, these are the Flanders bars that have 2" of pullback and 1" of rise. Looking at the picture, I agree with you that you can't tell the difference, in fact looking at them on the bike, I can't tell the difference, but, I guarantee you when you sit on the seat and grab the bars they are a world of difference. And when you ride, no more stretch to reach.

Today was only my second ride with them so I'm starting to get used to them. I might leave them the way they are and I might raise the bars an inch or so. I'll ride some more before I decide.

I'd still like to know what the height of the stock bars are.

Oh, and you don't have to change out any cables. only reroute the brake cable and throttle cable. Not a big deal at all