IGNORED

Weird, weird problem with brakes

Scooterbum

I have an 83 model Venture. Took it for a ride and 2 miles down the road the front brakes locked up tighter then a drum. That was fun !!

Get it home and I can bleed the brakes and everything seems fine and the next day they are locked back up. How can this happen if the bike is sitting undisturbed. I have tried this 3 days in a row. The fronts are disconnected from the back brakes. Any ideas?

You had the rear master too full. And as for sitting and locking up????

If the rear master is too full when you go down the road and things warm up it expands the fluid and applies the breaks. As for it sitting did you refill it and over fill again and it is heating up someway to expand fluid??? You do not fill the rear master full. Fill to about 1/2 inch from top. Hard to see in there and if you get that brake fluid on anything it is the greatest plastic destroyer made and removes paint also!!! After you work on brakes on these things you always carry a 8mm wrench to relive pressure if it builds up for a few trips.

8mm in my pocket. Rear is completely unhooked from the front.

I've been reading on here, a lot. Master about 1/3rd full. Calipers not locked up.

Possessed? I'm about at my wits end on this. I do have 40 years ridin' an' wrenchin'. So I'm not a newcomer, but I've never seen anything like this.