IGNORED

weight of 1st gen vs 2nd gen?

And, doesn't the 2nd Gen carry some weight higher up? Isn't the gas tank actually up under what is a 1st Gen "tank cover"?

But then again, a 1st Gen battery would have to be on the handlebars to be any higher.

From what it sounds like, the second gen weighs more, but if I recall correctly, I rode my buddies first gen once and it felt a lot heavier then my second gen. Just my opinion :) also my second gen feels lighter than my goldwing

A friend of mine took his Mk1, stripped it of all plastic, made a rat/chopper out of it.

It fell over once and he said all he did was grab the handlebars and it lifted up fairly easy.

Can't do that with a 2nd gen.

That's why he chose that model, cause the CG is so low.

He also said it was much faster without all the added weight.

Guest tx2sturgis
1st gen's are heavier on the bottom and 2nd gens are heavier on top...

You're talking about motorcycles, right?

:whistling:

Ive ridden and owned both g1 and g2 bikes, and while the weight difference between the 2 bikes isn't really a lot, the G2 feels so much heavier than the G1 at parking lot speeds. I think its the tire size/width, the fairing is mounted on the forks not the frame, and the the fuel is carried high, that would be about double the weight of a battery. (But, I don't really notice too much difference in handling if the tank is empty or full on the G2)

Brian