Dragonslayer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
SEE..... You killed this one too!!!!!! :depressed:
So anyway.....

Sunday I had one in my cross hairs from the front porch and a neighbor dog walker walks by the gate. I quickly put the Daisy 880 down so that he don't think I was shooting at him for walking his dog in front of my house.

He evidently realized what I was doing cause he hollered out, "Hey you shooting squirrels, I've been killn the heck out of the FTTRB's down there in my yard."

He evidently aint shy about hiding it from the neighbors cause he's using 22 Cal. Rat shot.

Evidently, I'm not the only Psycho Dad in the neighborhood. Maybe we'll form a club and get us some of them there t-shirts like Al did.

I like IT!!!! Get a club going and tee shirts and then a Meet n Eat!!!! Of course Squirrel will be the main food fare cooked in all known squirrel recipe under the sun!!

We could make it an annual event!!!!!! Held in a different southern state every year!!!!! :dancefool:

I like IT!!!! Get a club going and tee shirts and then a Meet n Eat!!!! Of course Squirrel will be the main food fare cooked in all known squirrel recipe under the sun!!

We could make it an annual event!!!!!! Held in a different southern state every year!!!!! :dancefool:

Ima gonna paint me a hand painted sign to put in front of the house that reads:

Squirrell meat 5 cents.

Thatll shake them yuppies up.

• 3 years later...

Well, it's been over three years since the last update on this thread.

Back then I was living in an urban yuppie neighborhood where I had to be sensitive to my neighbors reaction to gunfire. Since moving to a rural setting that is no longer an issue. And once again, I am being targeted by those pesky FTTRBs. So I am contemplating upping my game to the 12 gauge.

If the FTTRBs would stay outdoors where they belong I would be ok with the Live and let live philosophy. But since they apparently won't and love to squirrel dance through the rafters at all hours of the night the FTTRBS have got to die.

Before you get all politically correct and take up the "They have a right to live, too" argument. I've tried that catch and release approach and have found that no matter how many times you send your son up in the attic to look for and close possible points of squirrel ingress and egress, it is a total waste of time. I'm just saying that if God meant for all of them to live, he wouldn't have made them so tasty in a stew.

Just saying.

Edited by Dragonslayer

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I've had a few good laughs out of the various comments. (especially the poster who said "DAMHIKT & to make sure window is OPEN before shooting!)

Yes the little boogers can be very destructive! Poison is nasty stuff & they die a horrible death. Shooting has to be the most humane way to reduce their numbers, don't know you can ever totally get rid of them.

Funny isn't it many people will object & get bent out of shape about shooting but will have no problem calling out the "pest guy" who will use poison.

We had a friend who used to buy sacks of peanuts to feed them, the little beggars rewarded them by chewing their Christmas lights, breaking into the attic & chewing wiring, insulation etc cost $$$ to put right.

Well, it's been over three years since the last update on this thread.

Since moving to a rural setting that is no longer an issue. And once again, I am being targeted by those pesky FTTRBs. So I am contemplating upping my game to the 12 gauge.

Just saying.

12 guage....... a wee bit excessive me thinks. I know, I do like the old saying "go big or go home", but, I think a 410 would do the job just fine. Just saying. ;)

Bill

12 guage....... a wee bit excessive me thinks. I know, I do like the old saying "go big or go home", but, I think a 410 would do the job just fine. Just saying. ;)

Bill

But oh Bill,

You miss the point. I don't just want to kill the little FTTRBS. I WANT TO OBLITERATE THEM INTO THE LAND OF THE PINK MIST...........NO dead bodies to dispose of...........But, then what would I have for dinner?:think: Maybe a 410 would be a better choice.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I've had a few good laughs out of the various comments. (especially the poster who said "DAMHIKT & to make sure window is OPEN before shooting!)

Yes the little boogers can be very destructive! Poison is nasty stuff & they die a horrible death. Shooting has to be the most humane way to reduce their numbers, don't know you can ever totally get rid of them.

Funny isn't it many people will object & get bent out of shape about shooting but will have no problem calling out the "pest guy" who will use poison.

We had a friend who used to buy sacks of peanuts to feed them, the little beggars rewarded them by chewing their Christmas lights, breaking into the attic & chewing wiring, insulation etc cost $$$ to put right.

As one who challenges your signature saying everyday, I wouldn't have a problem With poisoning them if I was sure the dog and the cat wouldn't be the secondary victim.

I might even go as far as nuke'n them for a total kill if I didn't have to live in the radioactive after math.

One contract job I worked, I was in an office trailer and it was infested with mice. We complained to the plant staff and they put out poison. Well, those little boogers ate the poison and went to their nests in the insulation under the trailer to die. The smell was much worse than the live mice.

12 gauge #6 shot!!! I used to eat a few dozen every year. Had a girl fix a mess for me around 1990 and haven't eat one since!!! A 410 will work on the critters but not as much Fun!!! The Warden has declared the ones here Off Limits!!! Come up on the deck and beg for food!! I haven't found anything to blame them for yet!! But I got the 12 Gauge Weatherby out and polished it up!!

They are tough critters. I once shot a squirrel with a .22 rifle while he was climbing a tree. He kept right on climbing like I had missed. After he got to the top of the tree, he fell out. When I picked him up, I noticed that he bullet had hit his body cavity and his liver was hanging outside his body. One tough squirrel.

They are tough critters. I once shot a squirrel with a .22 rifle while he was climbing a tree. He kept right on climbing like I had missed. After he got to the top of the tree, he fell out. When I picked him up, I noticed that he bullet had hit his body cavity and his liver was hanging outside his body. One tough squirrel.

I shot a Fox squirrel one time with a 30-06 and all of his internal organs were external.

I also shot a grey squirrel with an arrow and the DANG squirrel ran off with an arrow sticking thru it.

I shot a Fox squirrel one time with a 30-06 and all of his internal organs were external.

I also shot a grey squirrel with an arrow and the DANG squirrel ran off with an arrow sticking thru it.

That reminds me of a Good one!! We had set up target and were shooting Bows when a rabbit jumped out and took off across the field. I shot him in the back of the head at about 30 yards. Just kept on like it was nothing.... couldn't do it again in 10,000 shots. I've had a few of those.

That reminds me of a Good one!! We had set up target and were shooting Bows when a rabbit jumped out and took off across the field. I shot him in the back of the head at about 30 yards. Just kept on like it was nothing.... couldn't do it again in 10,000 shots. I've had a few of those.

I once shot a water moccasin in the head crossing the river in a rapid from the hip with a 357 in holstered quick draw at about 50 yards away.

I used to shoot bumblebees on the wing with a BBgun for practice.

No brag just fact.