IGNORED

Home defense........

DragonRider

Thinking about one of the for my new home defense weapon..........check it out.

Like Colonel Hannible Smith used to say on the A-Team - NICE!!!

That .22 is cool too!! I saw a gattling gun made from a pair of Ruger .22's laid on their sides once at a gun show - I always thought that idea would be fun (and maybe closer to a "legal" way to have fun BUT, the way Homeland Security is buying up 22 Shells forcing the ammo prices up its almost cheaper to shoot the shotgun or one in 223 or something in a 30 caliber,,, shoot - even a real Tommy in 45 acp... Wow,, you guys remember when cheap .22 rounds could be had for a few bucks a brick? My oh my how times have changed.....

Like Yammer, I too go with a short barreled, no choke 12 gauge for the house... Not as likely to shoot thru a few walls and than into a neighbors house and, dont have to aim - just point and pull the trigger, shells are cheap, and there is nothing like the racking sound of one.. Besides, they double as a flame thrower,,, nothing prettier at in the dark!!

think about the guy in the video.

Two auto loading fully automatic twelves! one in each hand blowing thru 20 round mags!!!!!

Think about my 12 with the 12 inch barrel. I have a belt that holds 25 rounds and it takes me less than 2 seconds to reload. I use anywhere from #4 shot to #8. Paints whatever is in front of me....:whistling:Mine is loaded and within reach in about 10 seconds I'm pulling the trigger. How long does it take him to start cooking??

Like Colonel Hannible Smith used to say on the A-Team - NICE!!!

That .22 is cool too!! I saw a gattling gun made from a pair of Ruger .22's laid on their sides once at a gun show - I always thought that idea would be fun (and maybe closer to a "legal" way to have fun BUT, the way Homeland Security is buying up 22 Shells forcing the ammo prices up its almost cheaper to shoot the shotgun or one in 223 or something in a 30 caliber,,, shoot - even a real Tommy in 45 acp... Wow,, you guys remember when cheap .22 rounds could be had for a few bucks a brick? My oh my how times have changed.....

Like Yammer, I too go with a short barreled, no choke 12 gauge for the house... Not as likely to shoot thru a few walls and than into a neighbors house and, dont have to aim - just point and pull the trigger, shells are cheap, and there is nothing like the racking sound of one.. Besides, they double as a flame thrower,,, nothing prettier at in the dark!!

Not to change the thread topic, but as far as the price of the .22 ammo, you can buy a .17 hmr rifle cheap enough. The shells are about the same price as a .22. Around here you can find the .17 ammo all over. Shoots fast and flat. Only problem is, its shoots dirty, lots of powder for size of shell. Great plinking and varmint round, its a wicked little round.

Not to change the thread topic, but as far as the price of the .22 ammo, you can buy a .17 hmr rifle cheap enough. The shells are about the same price as a .22. Around here you can find the .17 ammo all over. Shoots fast and flat. Only problem is, its shoots dirty, lots of powder for size of shell. Great plinking and varmint round, its a wicked little round.

I love my Savage .17. One of my favorite rifles that I own. The rounds with the ballistic tips tear whatever it hits apart. We were shooting it one day and had it sighted in pretty well. We put up some wood bowling pins to put some holes in. I shot 3 or 4 rounds and looking through the spotting scope couldn't see any holes in the pin. Couldn't figure out why on paper it was dead on but missed every shot on the pin. We walked to the target and realized I had hit it every time. The entry holes were so small you could barely see them. But the entire back half of the pin was gone.

The only thing I wish was that you could get a semi auto .17. I think it has been tried a few times, but never worked out because of the dirtiness of the round. It would jam the semi auto mechanism before a full magazine could be fed through.

I usually shoot about 25-50 rounds through my marlin bolt action. Then i run a bore snake through it. I decided to see how cheaply I could set up a good little varmint gun. Bought the Marlin from Wal-mart, along with sling, scope, and bi-pod. Think I have 280 bucks into a heavy barreled plinker. Lots of fun. Only drawback to the Marlin is the clip, fits a little loose. Other than that its fun.