IGNORED

Flyinfool

When I click the "New Posts" button first thing in the morning, I only get the new posts from the last hour. It used to give me all new posts since my last visit.

I then have to use the "Todays Posts" to get all of the post from the last 24 hours, but it has them all marked as read.

Did something change in the last few weeks or is it me screwed up again.

It is doing this on both my home computer and my work computer.

:confused24: :confused24: :confused24: :confused24: :confused24: :confused24: :confused24:

It has been working as advertised for me all along, I use it every time I log on, another thing I do it hit the "new posts" button just before I am ready to log off, just in case it did not refresh while I was logged on and a new posting was added that I can not see, that way I do not miss as many as I did in the past.

Bummer

Now I have to try to figure out what I screwed up. TWICE.

This only seems to happen when the computer is first booted up.

once I have been here if I come back later in the day it works as it should.

My bookmark is set to http://www.venturerider.org/forum/search.php?do=getnew.

Must be a 1st gen thing :Laugh:

So you are saying that because I have a 1st gen, that I am just to fast for the rest of you to keep up???? :rasberry:

• 1 month later...

This whole thing is still driving me crazy, And you all know that is a very short drive .....

OK I think I spotted the issue.

Yesterday I was out of town all day till around 7:00pm when I logged in here.

The last time I was on line was 7:00pm the day before.

BUT when I logged in at 7:00 pm up in the top left corner where it says welcome, it said my last visit was at 9:31am on that morning. I was no where near a computer and am sure that I did not log in. So the first thing I did was to change my VRO password. Then after thinking about it some more, I remembered that I did make a phone call around that time.

I wonder if something on my phone like Tapatalk did a quick login to this site and in doing so reset my last visited time. So I did uninstall Tapatalk and low and behold when I logged in this morning it did show all of the posts since my last visit last night and it had the correct time of my last visit.

I'll run as is for a few days to see if it really was my cell phone logging in all by its self that was causing my issues.

This whole thing is still driving me crazy, And you all know that is a very short drive .....

OK I think I spotted the issue.

Yesterday I was out of town all day till around 7:00pm when I logged in here.

The last time I was on line was 7:00pm the day before.

BUT when I logged in at 7:00 pm up in the top left corner where it says welcome, it said my last visit was at 9:31am on that morning. I was no where near a computer and am sure that I did not log in. So the first thing I did was to change my VRO password. Then after thinking about it some more, I remembered that I did make a phone call around that time.

I wonder if something on my phone like Tapatalk did a quick login to this site and in doing so reset my last visited time. So I did uninstall Tapatalk and low and behold when I logged in this morning it did show all of the posts since my last visit last night and it had the correct time of my last visit.

I'll run as is for a few days to see if it really was my cell phone logging in all by its self that was causing my issues.

using your cell phone to collect bitcoins, eh?

So, how much airtime did it use?

using your cell phone to collect bitcoins, eh?

So, how much airtime did it use?

I don't know what bitcoins are, I have heard of the term, but know nothing about it.

I have no way of knowing how much airtime it was using without me knowing it. Fortunately I use my phone so little that I have never run out of airtime or data.