IGNORED

chrome passenger foot peg backing plate

Hi all, I've searched the forum and cant find an answer. I see that yamaha sells chrome hole insert plugs for this backing plate. However, I cannot find the backing plate itself in chrome. I assume that since yamaha makes the chrome plugs for it that they would sell the backing plate too, but I can't find it. I've checked the starmotorcycles and all they sell is the plugs. can anyone help? :fingers-crossed-emo

I assume you mean part number STR-4NK27-03-01 (ball milled or smooth). These parts are still out there in their original packaging, trust me! The parts are only awaiting internet listing or purchase directly off the Sale table at your local Yamaha. I scored a new set of rear saddle bag guards as seen on the Tour Classics in original packaging for my '96.

So... Set a search in eBay on keywords such as the number above, Yamaha Rear Passenger Backing Plate, and similar. This is an eBay tool that any member can use to be alerted via email when something gets listed that matches the description. Use these keywords also performing searches not only on one browser type - choose another as well. Drill into the returned pages, meaning open page 10 first and move upwards - there is a lot of cr@p that fills the first few pages more often than not.

It took me ~2months on those rear bag guards I think but they came new in original packaging and the price was great - an overstock or dismantler outfit will usually list these parts so they are just running stock out the door.