IGNORED

Roku (Live Streaming) ???

GolfVenture

Ive had the Roku 3 for about 6 months and love it, but its not really a sub for basic network stations. I do get some network news etc on it, but its more of a movie and specialty channel service. I get about 250 channels up here in Canada I think in the US you guys have over 750(?) There are several outdoors channels, special interest channels (bikeing, bikinis, and beaches etc) :) and I have about 6 free movie channels in my favourites. Most of the channels have more channels inside, eg the MAN Channel has streaming biking tours, biking info, tattoos, bike building, and so on...

Most of the content is streaming and not live, but it is added to all the time and constantly changing as it is an opensource device and anyone can create their own channel.....and because of that fact there is some useless crap on there too, but Roku gives you a favourites section to move the channels you like into so you don't have to sort thru the crap more than once.

I like it a lot, but I still need my local channels for news and local sports.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMlYn08CrHs]Roku 3 Review - YouTube[/ame]

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis

I have been using Roku for over a year...its fine for what it is...additional channels, but won't replace regular TV dish or cable. Great for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Adding the Plex app opens up more channels, and of course, there are lots of 'private' channels, some of them adult themed... :whistling: