Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i am broke busted and Divorced

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i am broke busted and Divorced

hello everybody sorry i havent been on here much if any at all lately i have had some real major problems at the house with the family and didnt want to get everybody's sympathy card this is my 2nd divorce where do i keep going wrong anyway for those that have my # please delet it as the phone is off sorry but cant afford to pay that bill cable has been off for the last year who needs it power just got turned back on after beeing off for 3 months and i was on the street for a little while and will be when i have the papers in hand well out of this divorce i get to keep my bike and my cloths and some tools she gets the house because of the kids the suburban (kids)and everything else (kids) and i get me and my bike oh and my cheap unemployment check for the moment so now its time for a new beginning a new place and job my friend unofficial girlfriend is moving to Greenville SC and i think thats a great place been there many times and my niece lives there so i may just head up that way but i will need to work quick it gets cold there and i think white stuff falls too or is that dandruff ok i am keeping a good attitude about this despite all of what has happened with my accident loss of job and broke leg and divorce i may be broke but i will get back up and move on to start over man im getting to old for this but what can ya do .... get up and start over is all i can do ok i will try to have a phone back on soon but no guarantees and to those that have helped me in the past i do thank you from the bottom of my heart for the help i will stay intouch somehow love yall ttyl

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope things work out for you and stay positive.

Tom

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep head up Paul. I went thru it twice!! Both times I got out with nothing. Got luckly once and got to keep bike. Other time bike was down at time and sister sold it! Ain't that Great!!!
    At times like this just keep thinking. It has to get better it damn sure can't get much worse!! I really got luckly the last time (my 3rd). The Warden is a keeper!!! IF I DON"T BUY ANY MORE BIKES!! Hang in there Buddy.
    1st GENS RULE
    Faded Blue is the fastest.
    "Blue Beast" will live forever

United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddy of mine's been through it at age 40, and now at 50, he's back on top and doing better than ever.
    Hang in there, work hard and don't do anything stupid, and you'll be OK....just have to get through the hard times.
    If ya think about it, it's the hard times that make us who we are.
    Best of luck to ya.

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like

Bubba told me that a friend of his got a Venture for his wife.......Said it was the best trade he ever made!

Hang in there buddy; and there are some great VR members in and around Greenville. Not to mention, that is one of the closest Jack-In-The-Box restaurants to Atlanta!! mmmmm Fried Tacos!
    Let me know when you get settled and I'll ride up and buy you a few.

Todd
    People think I don't have any respect for the handicapped, but that's not true.
    I know that if it wasn't for them I never would find a parking space!

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you've already been thru this once before you know this low is only short term. Getting out of a marriage that you weren't happy in is always the positive.

Keep your attitude positive, go with the flow, and around the next corner is your pot of gold.
    Don

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This to shall pass. I have been in you situation twice also. The first divorce just about killed me. The second we stayed friends. Greener pastures are in the future, just be patient.

United States
    NE
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there buddy. It all comes around. Been married and divorced twice myself. Got the science of it figured out. Got married the first time pretty young and it didnt last long. Waited 20 years to get married again. That lasted twice as long as the first one.

So following the basics of math i need to wait 40 years to get married again. So in another 19 years ill be back on the market.

Probably be dead by then.

Whew. My figures may have saved my butt on this one. LOL.

But take care and hang in there. I know what you're dealing with.

Mike

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.
    "Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and ride motorcycles."

United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter how hard it gets Paul, don't forget the kids.....

United States
    NY
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt Paul! Wife 3 and I celebrate 24 next month!

Keep in touch my friend, we will all be worried about you!

United States
    AL
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bongobobny View Post
    Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt Paul! Wife 3 and I celebrate 24 next month!

Keep in touch my friend, we will all be worried about you!

Me to Paul........ Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt..!
    Wife 3 and we celebrate 19 years this coming November. (3rd time is a charm...they say)

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am not sure what the laws are there where you live. In Iowa "as long" as you are still married it is 50% to 50% here in Iowa.
    I was instructed by my "attorney" that I could sell every thing and as long as I give her half, everything was good. Well I didn't cause I wanted to do the "right" thing.
    Well as it turns out YES I could have sold it to a friend for $5.00 and gave her $2.50. The friend would sell it back to "me" after all paperwork and court dealings were done for a $5.00 profit. And according to the judge, "he said" as long as we were still married I could do anything I wanted to "our" stuff cause it was still my stuff too. BUT she would be entitled to 50% of what ever I sold it for.
    Trust me I will remember if it ever happens again.

Bryan
    Idiot out Wondering Around
    So many places to go, so little time.

Louisiana
    LA
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there and done that in 2010.

Stay strong and keep in touch with the good folks here...They were a lifesaver for me in 2010 and I mean that literally.....they kept me from going so far as to eat my gun during my darkest days of 2010.

I got lucky that year too...Met my Donna and we married in Feb of this year.

Boomer....who sez when one door closes another door opens eventually.

Dual State Ride Captain of the Patriot Guard Riders
    USN-Retired Chief Petty Officer
    Combat Vets Association

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been quite a ride Paul, I know that 1st hand with you. The messy parts over with, move on with what you have and let it go. I did that with my 1st wife, gave her all of it. Took my belongings, my bike and truck, as many have mentioned it will pass. If you need something keep my # handy, I know we will talk again. Take care of yourself my friend and here's to a new, better beginning
    Gunboat....I eagerly await the day we can ride together again, Godspeed my brother

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my state you would have gotten a more even split of property too. You could try selling everything and offering the wife half the proceeds. You could also get some decent debt going on the joint accounts which would be hers to share. I wonder if a better lawyer could help you out? You may feel that you're doing the right thing for the kids by not insisting on a fair split but they will probably be alright even if you don't get taken to the cleaners. Fight for your rights, get custody of the kids and see if your wife lets YOU keep the house, car, bank accounts, etc.

Get mad, then get even - 50/50!
    Visited on motorcycle.Visited.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast