Hi folks,

I have a bunch of projects I want to do with the RSV. They are:

1- add touring light bar extender courtesy of slowrollvw

2- install LED lights with help from eusa1

3- replace stock bulb with H4 sylvania

4- replace stock pipes with road king pipes courtesy of B2dad

5- replace tall windshield with slipstream

6- have stock rear removed from original housing for Vmax

1-5 All relatively easy to moderate right? So I get started on removing TWO friggin bolts for the light extender. Then as I place the extender on, I see that I can not get all the wiring neatly tucked under and behind as as a result, some connectors come undone and there is a shortage on the touring lights from some wires bent whichever way its not supposed to .

Ok, I say I will replace back to normal configuration, but let me remove windshield, which is done with no hassles and no broken tabs. I move on to replacing bulb with H4 bulb. I remove the TWO FRIGGIN bolts but the headlamp assembly won't come out because its attached to the head light adjustment knob and spring. I am TRYING to help myself but come up with egg on my face. Can some one explain, show, draw, pictorial, the procedure for what is supposed to be a simple bulb replacement. I have the fairing off, the light bar off. And yes I did remove the bottom bolt. TWO BOLTS shouldn't give me this much grief....And...i still have the dilemma of not only a potential short or crimping of wires but wires that won't cooperate with the extender. ugh....time for an adult beverage. Any ideas or suggestions on what i may have overlooked?:confused07::headache:Thanks.

Edited by Barrycuda

Did you try removing the bolts on the side of the head light adjusting knob? two sizes there. Allen head 4 and 5 MM I believe.

Larry

Sweet!! Ya know I started it then changed my mind, not knowing where it led. Yep, that's it.

You've been saving my butt all day Larry . Thanks.

When I switched my standard bulb for the 80/100 I had in for awhile I did it totaly from behind. Man was that a PIA. The HID was easier. The 2 6mm (head) bolts that hold the driving lights can be a pain. Like you said the wiring for the lights them selves get everywhere. I did some work on mine and then when I put it back together a day or so later I had no lights, turn signals that didnt work and some other funny things. Turns out the wires were out of position enought they got caught in the steering stops and pinched and shorted out. Boy were they fun to fix.