IGNORED

premium gas ,, dont use it

Big Lou

the 4th of july I was in a circle of 4 bike mechanics and that week alone between them they had drained 5 bikes and put filters on for gas

nobody is buying premium gas no more so it sits in the tank at the station and seperates

I asked about my #1 carb popping and this started discussion:detective:

I went back to mid grade,, no popping,,good torque:confused24:

they said one tank was full of straight alcohol,,no color at all

and it was a short week too:detective:

Or,,, so if you do,,, use a station with a lot of turn-over, like near an interstate.

I went to premium a month back and getting better mileage. Which to me is all about RANGE.

Also, not positive cause I don't work at or run gas stations, but I think that they top off station tanks on truck visits instead of running down to low, like we do our tanks.

I recently asked at a local station that carries 100% gas, how old it was. She said the tank is topped weekly.

Edited by Mike G in SC

They do top off. But they also go by how much stock is on hand. So say they normaly carry 1000 gal of said fuel. they stick tank on Tue for a Thur delivery. If they show they have say 800 gal they may put off ordering a "top off" of the fuel and wait another week to sell 200 gal and make it worth the while.

I'm sure there have been previous posts indicating that buying premium fuel is wasting money.

I ran it for a while and noticed absolutely no improvement in mileage or performance.

Back to standard unleaded with NO ETHANOL!

Unfortunately, a lot of the local stations have 10% ethanol in the lower grades. The only way to get "REAL" gas is to step up to premium (usually 91). I end up getting the premium for the lawn mowers, tiller, bikes and snowmobiles. Regular for the cars.

There is one station only about 5 miles out of my way, near where I work that has regular 87 octane without the dreaded alcohol enhancements. I head that way quite often when I commute on the bike.

Then there is always SEAFOAM! :cool10:

91 octane non ethanol is being sold in many stations here in NY. More stations are adding it to there inventory everyday. If it didn't sell they wouldn't stock it. But I believe you are talking about high test with ethanol that is sitting in the tanks and separating. I agree that this is happening. I believe that is way many stations are carrying the high octane non ethanol gas. A lot of people don't mind spending the extra $$ to keep that crap out of there tanks. I tray to fill my bike tank with non ethanol when ever I can.