IGNORED

I did not make it

Flyinfool

I am sitting in a rest stop in the middle of Indiana.

On the way to Dons I had a. Intrmtent issue with the engine cutting out.

I thought it was the sidestand swit h so I jumpered that out and all was good for the run to Quaker Steak & Lube. It was also good for the first 100 miles heading home. I just tooke the dash apart and jumpered the tip o er relay and it now starts again. BUT I don't know if this fixed it or is just the i ter

itant showing its uggly head again.

Wish me luck. As soon as I finish my drink I am gonna try for home again.

I'll post if a.d when i make it. Or it dies all together.

I guess that was not it. Now it at least cranks but no fire.

Back to schematics.

No:no-no-no: Jeff you need to call Boomer:whistling: im tellin ya its his pygmies:detective: thats what they did to me:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: and i pulled the relay and unpluged the tipover and i got spark it may work for you :confused24::confused24::080402gudl_prv:hope you get it running :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

I guess that was not it. Now it at least cranks but no fire.

Back to schematics.

Try running power 12v+ directly to TCI on the Red with White tracer wire. This will by pass starting & kill circuits.

Also disconnect the Black with White tracer wire into the TCI, this will bypass tip & side stand switch.

The tip over 'relay' will kill the TCI if jumped. You want to unhook it. Paragraph above will do this.

419-589-4175

Gary

Progress

The wiring now looks like what you might get if Rube Goldberg and McGuiver mated.

But at least I am now at the last rest area in Indiana. So onc e i get a fill of gas, I have to pull the tank cover and go jumper crazy to jump the ignition and th

en jump the solenoid to crank.

Fingeres crossed that it starts AND this tank makes it home.

Good luck with the wiring problem. After meeting you this weekend, this sounds like something you will be able to figure out very easily, not like most of us who would still be stranded at the side of the road.

Best of luck and skill.

Hey Jeff, Sorry you are having troubles. I will pray it all works out and you get home safely. Maybe you should have saved a few rum balls for the ride home.

We just got home about an hour ago.

Yama Mama

Yeah, just what he needs, more rum balls ! I know they helped me think more clearly, then again it could have been the apple pie chasers I used to wash them down :think: Or maybe it was the Green Jello shots :confused24:

Wishin ya good luck getting home. @ least that marshmellow butt won't be a problem :stickpoke:

Had to make one more stop.

I am at the Lake Forest Oasis now.

This is about 70 miles from home.

Bike is running good once I can get it started.

This stop was because it is getting cold, I am tired, it looks like rain ahead, I'm hungry, and i neede a gas stop anyhow.

One more start and I am home free in abo

ut an hour.

It died one last time about 100 feet from home and would not start again.

I separated the trailer and pushed each one the rest of the way home.

For now I need my bed. I'll post more later.

100 feet on a trip that long and difficult is almost close enough. Could have been a lot farther.

Gary