IGNORED

No spark problem stuck 30 mi from home

Im sitting in advance auto parking lot just put new plugs in I have no spark now squidley is racking his brain to help me from 350 mi. away any ideas guys kill swtch works kick stand switch works by the cmu plugs gapped at 31 to 35 checked all 4 before putting in new tci borrowed from squidley advane wont loan meters to check ohms resistace alteady asked

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sitting in advance auto parking lot just put new plugs in I have no spark now squidley is racking his brain to help me from 350 mi. away any ideas guys kill swtch works kick stand switch works by the cmu plugs gapped at 31 to 35 checked all 4 before putting in new tci borrowed from squidley advane wont loan meters to check ohms resistace alteady asked

See your other thread, just posted 2 fuses to check.

Gary

Get it going??

Not yet, Paul and I are texting eachother. It's late and if he can get someone with a trailer I have suggested to trailer it home. A good nights rest and a fresh mind have done wonders for me when I have had these issues.

Bike cranks over, just no spark. Could be fuse, but he mentioned he checked them. I had him check the kill switch and it is cycling the fuel pump, so that sounds ok. I'm having him check the 6 wire plug for the pick up coils to see how it is right now.

Ok lights ate oit in parking lot so cant see gona habe to leave bike overnight my son is on his way with 2 flashlights for a last ditch effert to get running as im in a bad neighbor hood got the 6 wire plug unpluged cant see condition and found a 5 wire plug will check that in a littlebit I hope I dont have to leave it :fingers-crossed-emo

check pickup coils pigtail connection.

Remove left side cover pigtail is located on upper frame work where false tank and seat meet can not remember if its red or white. This will cause a no spark condition!

My 83 did what yours is doing! Mine was getting bad connection reconnected and it fired right up

I was thinking something like that but wasn't sure what I was thinking. Did you post that when it happened Buddy? This is the same connection that corrodes and fails? I think its white with 3 wires? Or is this the 4 wire one that goes to TCI? Unplug it carefully it could be brittle and want to fall apart but I think Buddy could be right. Clean a little and replug. Better yet just pull apart and stick back togather and try. Get you home and worry about cleaning later. And soldering.... I'm sure you got side covers off. Clean what connections you see and make sure they are getting contact.

Edited by Yammer Dan

I was thinking something like that but wasn't sure what I was thinking. Did you post that when it happened Buddy? This is the same connection that corrodes and fails? Unplug it carefully it could be brittle and want to come apart but I think Buddy could be right. Clean a little and replug. Better yet just pull apart and stick back togather and try. Get you home and worry about cleaning later. And soldering....

Dan are you asking if I posted it when mine went down? If so yes but it was before the system crash we had in 2006. Now that makes me feel like a old timer lol

Note: I see Brad had already mention it in earlier post duh I need better reading glasses lol

Edited by buddy

i pulled that plug apart several times put it back and still no spark and the 6 wire plug im starting to think its either the pick up coil or i dont know i will be calling a friend of wes0778 at 330 he lives close and has a trailer as f now the saddle bags are off side covers trunk radio and battery wasnt leaving to much with the bike while i am away from it

Paul,

It appears that you can check the resistance on the pick up coils. It's the 5 wire plug, disconnect it and measure between the black and the remaining 4 other wires. Ensure that you are measuring the wire that is going down to the side case and not the section going into the wiring harness of the bike. Their colors are Orange, Grey, White/Green, White/Red the ohm reading your looking for is between 93.5 and 126.5.

If you have a manual it is in the #7 section, electrical area. It's page 7-36 in my '86 to '93 manual, I'm sure it's close in the 1200 manual as well.

no progress yet bike is still in Biloxi at advance called one of wes0778 friends with a trailer and his son loaned it out he tried now i have to look for another way to get it home stayed with the bike till 1 am got home at 2 (side stops n the way home) went to bed about 3 330 cause i was reading everything possible on this oh what a head ache i had i have a friend with a trailer but cant get a hold of him im still trying Walter offered to come get it but that's 155 mi one way and its late in the day

i was thinking (and thats dangerous) one of yall 1st gen mechanics needs to move closer to me :whistling::fingers-crossed-emo:confused24: ..........................it was worth a try

Or once you get in with Toyota, you can have them transfer you to San Antonio where they make the Tundra. Then you would be close to plenty of members

:banana:

Or once you get in with Toyota, you can have them transfer you to San Antonio where they make the Tundra. Then you would be close to plenty of members

:banana:

i like that idea.............................. but i got to get in with them first and my 1st gen is stopping that im suppose to leave tomorrow to go up for the interview and haven't even gotten the bike back home yet im gonna have to reschedule my interview now and get this thing running may have to find some stuff to sell to so i can make it up there another thing im gonna do is get another trailer to haul bikes on all my friends around here are on vacation or loaned there trailer out :confused24: Walters friend offered and his son loaned his trailer out ok done venting i think :rotf::rotf::rotf: got to laugh at it though it is indeed funny but transfer to san Antonio i like that

ok now that the bike is back home thanks to Walter (wes0778) i can now start testing everything on it from coils pick-up and ingnition to kill switch tip over and all the electric stuff time to get started :fingers-crossed-emo