IGNORED

counter balance shaft PLEASE HELP

HAVE ALL BOOKS AND EXPERIENCE ALSO book says crankshaft gear has a pin hole ,dot ,mark, something, counterbalance shaft has two allmost drilled holes plus a number one all in a line, crankshaft gear has NO MARKINGS at all ..cleaned very well ,even took emerycloth to outer edge .no teeth are marked any where,looked at inside of gear as much as possible due to balance weight on crank cant tell if its in 140 degrees of space i cant see,where gear is against counter weight... i cant tell relationship of counter weight on main to counter weight of balance shaft in book its black an white ..to be reassured it wont sling itself apart, on counter weight of main there is white paint spot allmost a dot ,little more cleaning and itll be gone,its actually in a tooth of the gear yet if following book there is no way to see it when teeth are meshed. book only says gear to gear. boys at 2 shops NO HELP made before they were born ..mee ttooo

Screen shot below is from Dameon Furello's video on rebuilding VMax motor, almost same as a Venture. I took a screen capture at point where crank & balance shaft are correctly lined up. If you look at the far side of the balance shaft in the video you can get a good idea of the position of the balance shaft in relation to the crank shaft.

2nd picture has the red mark on the balance shaft at about 10:00. 1st large throw is where he is pointing to. This will help you find correct rivet that mark is near shown in 3rd picture.

The balance shaft mark is VERY small, it is right opposite one of the 6 rivets as shown in 3 picture.

Gary

I didn't pull heads, just doing bottom end, dude told me on phone tyranny could be serviced with motor upside down, I figured main oil holes an relationship to rod throws an going to use that, ill put balance shaft in top it has holes in ends ziptie somesort of holder to shaft an flip top over like directions, or, I ain't sure how easy it will be to align shift forks with bottom up,, THANK YOU,,,IM FROM ALABAMA SO MY NEXT DOG GETS YOUR NAME, ,HAHAHA

Thank you for the help, found crazy hole above, balance snhaft gear that runs, water pump, has two arrows, nomention of it in any book, can see gear that has mark for meshing gear to crank, with flywheel at spot where timing window is on stator cover, think I can see alignment mark, ,maybe got lucky,bro said, I said it was experience