IGNORED

Baggershield Adjustable Windshield

Hello to everyone!

I am considering a Baggershield adjustable windshield. My question is: Does anyone here have one and thumbs up or so so.

I know they are a sponser of our great forum, and are running a 25% off special right now. I appreciate that they have what seems like a good product for the RSV.

Wanting any input you guys/gals may have...

I am considering the taller one of these:

http://www.baggershield.com/yamaha-windshields-c-5.html

READY.... GO

:icon_lurker:

Ride Safe,

James

:biker::biker:

I have one of their first shields produces. I totally love the product. It is awesome to be able to adjust it. High for highway, cold, or rain. Low for back road cruising and beach strip looking.

I talked them into making the wider and taller one actually back in MB when they were first getting out in the market.

Spencer is a great guy to work with. Go for it.

I have the taller one, works great for me. I don't use the upper section very often, only when it's cold and I'm riding two up. That shield is also 4 inches wider which I really like, as it keeps the bugs and cold off my arms and shoulders. Very nice quaility shield. Ron

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I like how you can remove the top portion and get alot of air(much more than a OEM windshield with a honda goldwing vent).

At interstate speeds it completely eliminates the buffeting just like the OEM

At seconday road speeds, with clear half off, I love the completly unrestricted view and air it offers.

Very pleased with my baggershield, very nice quality and fit, looks great on my rig and provides a lot of protection. Here is a pic of the only January ride I have ever done on a motorcycle.

Thank you Yamak for the pic!:thumbsup2: Is that the 8.5" to 13.5" OR the 10.5" to 16.5"? It looks to be the taller of the two.

Larry, Isnt the stock windshield 17"? I measured mine last night and that's what I got (doesnt mean I'm right). The taller of the two is 16.5" tall and 4" overall wider. Might help passenger. Which, is the only reason I am looking. I have the shorter smoked windshield and the stock clear. Getting tired of switching when the wife wants to ride along.....

Thank you everyone! Looks like I will be pulling the trigger on this one. James

:biker::biker:

The tall one quiet quiets down the buffetting my wife gets on the back, it does help a lot. Ron

Thanks for that info. I'm going to replace the OEM windshield soon with either the Baggershield or 4F shield. Had the 4F shield on my 05 and really liked it a lot. Just looking at all of my options here is all.

Larry

Thanks for that info. I'm going to replace the OEM windshield soon with either the Baggershield or 4F shield. Had the 4F shield on my 05 and really liked it a lot. Just looking at all of my options here is all.

Larry

Larry,

Just ordered mine from Baggershield. Got the 10.5-16.5 and will be happy to give full report. (and maybe video of different windshields goin down road with wind noise, etc)

I know this, after I hit "BUY" I realized Spencer was offering a 10% discount to VR members. Sent him a PM and within minutes was credited back the 10% with a thank you for your order message.

Will let you know how quick I get it and post pics. (ordering another if it works out good, for son's bike)

James

:cool10:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reminder. Put probably 600 miles on it with the Baggershield. 200 today with pretty strong winds. I have not put many miles with passenger so can't give you that update.

Things I like:

The wider shield. It is probably 2 inches wider on each side, 4 inches total. Gives you much more protection overall.

Thicker shield. It fits up great, a little stiff on first install but conforms and is easier to attach second time. No problems there. gives you a sense of protection having thicker shield.

I had to get used to the clear on top and smoked on bottom. On first ride, it kinda funneled your vision to the clear area and seemed to make you focus in that area. After second ride, I didnt even notice it.

I like the way the top shield hides behind the lower smoked shield. I find the top clear shield tends to flex when removed and try to "flatten" out a bit, which makes is a little testy to get it lined up with bolt holes, but really, this is not a deal breaker at all. I think once the shield is used a little longer, it will conform to curve and be easier to switch back and forth. It can be a little stiff to get lined up just right.

Over all on a 1-10 I give it an 8.:thumbsup2: Which is really high for me. Lots of things to love about it. With the clear shield up, I have very little head buffeting at 70-90 mph which is what I was looking for. With the clear shield down, you can most definitely tell the difference, but I rode 30 miles before I realized I had forgotten to raise the clear. So, overall, I am very happy with it. (Other than a week after I ordered mine, they decided to have a "March madness sale" and offer 40 or 50% off or something like that).:confused24:

It gets curious onlookers and interested bikers wherever you park. I would buy one again. Happy so far. Again, If I can get the wife to take some video, I will post it. Hope this helps you make up your mind.

James

• 3 weeks later...

deepforkriver,

I've been following your thread on the baggershield. Sound like its working for you.

Sounds like the upper clear shielld mounts within the lower smoked shield. Do you find that in the rain, this configuration forces water between the shields, (and down onto the tank/riders lap?)

That was my only concern with the shield is what happens when it rains...

Certaily one gets wet with the stock shield, just curious if its worse with the baggersheild due to funneling of the water?

Would appreciate your thoughts on the topic.

Bob

Bob,

Unfortunately, here in Oklahoma we have been in an ongoing drought, which until this week, has been relentless. We are getting rain now thankfully.

To answer your question, I have not ridden in the rain with the baggershield as of yet. I will be happy to post my thoughts when it happens. :depressed:

I can understand your concern and can see where you may get a little water between the shields when under say 45-50mph. There appears to be only maybe an 1/8" between shields and at any highway speed I feel it would be fairly insignificant. But I could be wrong.

The shield does protect the passenger from wind better than a stock shield, I can say that for certain. I think the added width is obviously much better. I have not measured the height compared to stock but for some reason we do not get as much head buffeting as stock. It is not a AH HA moment, but is better.

I will be sure and post rain results.

All the best, Ride Safe,

James

Newbie jumping in. Just got my 2007 RSV 3 weeks ago and doing all my upgrades and mods and I came across this site and the ad. So " Hi all" and thanks for the info.

I wear a Scorpion Modular and always have the shield up- but chin bar down - full face.

What is the wind in the face like with the 10.5 on? I read above with the upper on the passenger is fine back there but what about the rider on low setting?

Where does the 75 mph hit you? chest/ face/ over helmet?

thanks

VentureFar...

I just got home and the baggershield box was waiting for me and I couldn't wait to install it.

I planned kn doing a photo write up but the install.went so fas.

t I finished the install go quickly

Take out the the two screws on the outer edges of the dash. They hold the chrome cover in place.

then gently lift the corner and move toward the center knowing the bottom center has

A plastic tab to be careful of.

then loosen the windshield screwson the front side. Note -one goes thru- right center. The rest are slots.

Pull up the old shield and set it in a safe place

Grab the new shortly and reverse procedure.

it was simple. Took longer to type on my kindlefire than the actual install.

I love it. Got the 10..5" x 16.5

With extension it appears to be 1/2" shorter than stock

I will report with photos after my 400 miles tomorrow.

VentureFar...

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one last summer. Only ride with it low when alone or real hot out. Plus it looks sweet with the low black shield. When the top is up my wife gets a little more wind then with the factory. But I put the original back on for week long trips. My opinion is that it is worth the money.

Ok guys I have the show chrome 13" windshield on my bike and I look thru it all the time I am 5'10". So I am thinking of the 8.5 to 13.5 or the fixed 11" but since we NEVER ride in the rain leaning toward the 8.5 to 13.5. Just looking for some feed back on these windshields.

Thanks Richie R

My show chrome is old and has stress cracks along the bottom of it.

My story hasn't changed. I out 2000 miles on my 07 RSV my first month looking thru the stock shield and wondering why it didn't feel like motorcycle riding.

Then I found this site as tr baggershield ad popped up and I asked a fee questions and bought the 10-16.5

I am 5'10 1/2 and I look totally over the 10 inch. I wear a scorpion Exo 900 modular helmet with the shield open all the time.

The air coming over the baggershield hits my helmet 5 inches above my eye center line.

No head bobble at all.

My wife thought the extra airflow make it feel "more

Like she was on a motorcycle"

I only rode with the extra 6.5 for about 20 minutes to test it on a 400 mile day ride and stopped and took it off- liked the air better with the lower shield and it was about 55 degrees next to the ocean at 75 mph.

I like it but I have only owned my RSV for 2 months and 2500 miles.

VentureFar...

Then I found this site as tr baggershield ad popped up and I asked a fee questions and bought the 10-16.5

I am 5'10 1/2 and I look totally over the 10 inch. I wear a scorpion Exo 900 modular helmet with the shield open all the time.

I like it but I have only owned my RSV for 2 months and 2500 miles.

VentureFar...

You are really going to love the 10" when it is 90 degrees !!!!!

I just received my Baggershield a couple of weeks ago and got it installed. So far I like it. I previously had a Tulsa Tall tinted windshield. I used it for a little over 100,000 miles. I loved it. It would shed water excellent at speeds over 30 mph. The reason I installed the Tulsa windshield was I had had them exclusively on previous Goldwings that I had owned. Again they shed water unbelievably compared to any other windshields that I had used but the biggest thing was I had fewer complaints from the backseat passenger about her shoulders hurting and her neck hurting from wind buffetting. Since I no longer have a back seat passenger I an trying the shorter shield.

I was the first person to own a baggershield for the venture. We were in Myrtle Beach when they came out with it and had the only FINISHED 8.5". I had the show chrome shield on the bike at the time. My old shield is the one they actually measured to make the 10.5" wide shield. My bike is the picture that Cruiser Customizing has on their site. I have ridden with their short shield for over 30K miles in all types of conditions. I have to say I LOVE my shield. I like being able to switch it around for many different reasons. There isn't any head bobble and the wife gets enough wind as well without any head buffering. If looking a shield that you NEVER have to change again between seasons, Bagger Shield is def the one. Buy directly through them because they have better pricing and are a pleasure to work with.

deepforkriver,

Thanks very much for the response. Looking at your further posts, it looks like the shield is really working for you.

Hope it treats you well. I'm thinking I may try it out.

Ride Safe.

Bob

Bob,

Unfortunately, here in Oklahoma we have been in an ongoing drought, which until this week, has been relentless. We are getting rain now thankfully.

To answer your question, I have not ridden in the rain with the baggershield as of yet. I will be happy to post my thoughts when it happens. :depressed:

I can understand your concern and can see where you may get a little water between the shields when under say 45-50mph. There appears to be only maybe an 1/8" between shields and at any highway speed I feel it would be fairly insignificant. But I could be wrong.

The shield does protect the passenger from wind better than a stock shield, I can say that for certain. I think the added width is obviously much better. I have not measured the height compared to stock but for some reason we do not get as much head buffeting as stock. It is not a AH HA moment, but is better.

I will be sure and post rain results.

All the best, Ride Safe,

James