IGNORED

Replacment Headlight

I Have a 07 RSTD and a damaged headlight. :( I was going to replace it with OEM part but I don't really want to shell out $400 for one. there are plenty of nice healights for a lot cheaper however, Yamaha with their infinite wisdom decided to store some eletrical connection in the headlight assembly and no aftermarket headlight electrical is setup up to allow for this. Has any one ever replaced their headlight with an aftermarket one? What do you do with the electrical housing?

Thanks

According to boats.net's interchange, this will fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Road-Star-Headlight-OEM-/321061272697?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARoad+Star&hash=item4ac0be3c79&vxp=mtr

Pinwall doesn't have anything listed on ebay at this time. You can contact them at 330-879-9910 or email them at customerservice@pinwallcycle.com to see what they may have.

I Have a 07 RSTD and a damaged headlight. :( I was going to replace it with OEM part but I don't really want to shell out $400 for one. there are plenty of nice healights for a lot cheaper however, Yamaha with their infinite wisdom decided to store some eletrical connection in the headlight assembly and no aftermarket headlight electrical is setup up to allow for this. Has any one ever replaced their headlight with an aftermarket one? What do you do with the electrical housing?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean? Do you have to replace the whole bucket? I ask because I am close to replacing my lamp with an LED. You got me worried.

Dave

Sent from my HTC One S

CM 10-20130120-NIGHTLY-Ville

I bought passing lamps from Custom Dynamics that won't work...the pots are too big for 4-1/2 lamps, and I can't get the retaining rings to keep them centered even if I build a "ring" in the pot to hold them up front.

They told me up front that because of the way Yamaha makes their headlamps, even for H4, their LED headlights won't work, so I didn't buy and haven't tried.

I bought passing lamps from Custom Dynamics that won't work...the pots are too big for 4-1/2 lamps, and I can't get the retaining rings to keep them centered even if I build a "ring" in the pot to hold them up front.

They told me up front that because of the way Yamaha makes their headlamps, even for H4, their LED headlights won't work, so I didn't buy and haven't tried.

Interesting. The lens doesn't look particularly strange, and despite your comment about there being a bunch of stuff in the bucket, there is room. I guess I'll buy one in a couple months from Amazon, where they won't warn me about stuff and I can send stuff back unashamedly.

I have plenty of brightness with my SilverStar ULTRA headlamp and HELLA 35W passing lamps. I just want to get some watts back. I had a bad HID experience and the LED passing lamps I've seen that fit our housing are flood lights, which isn't acceptable to me. So the Phase 7 is one of my few options.

I'll save this thread and post back when I install the Phase 7. Or fail. :whistling:

Dave

Dave, you talking about the LED lights from northern tool? I have been thinking about a pair of those. Right now have halogen 35w bulbs in alure type settings.

No, there were some flood lights from a yachting supply place, intended for area security lighting on a boat's mast. As a flood, as much light went up as down when used as a passing lamp. Almost fine during the day, but I ride a lot at night.

Dave

Sent from my HTC One S

CM-10-20130130-NIGHTLY-Ville

• 2 months later...
Not sure what you mean? Do you have to replace the whole bucket? I ask because I am close to replacing my lamp with an LED. You got me worried.

Dave

Dave I do have to replace the entire bucket not just the light which is what I have having the trouble with.

• 1 month later...

The car guys pop them in the oven at 225 for ten minutes, then carefully try to pry headlight from housing. If it doesn't work, put back in for 5 min and try again.

Might wanna send your wife to the store first.

• 2 years later...