IGNORED

Retirement

jemorrisonjr

I was able to quit after 3 years in the mill, 11 years with the airline and 25 years on the boats. I retired at age 59 and have been having a ball ever since. Only problem is as soon as I retired I got real busy, was tempted to go back to work for a rest.

Congrats !!!!!!!!

I got out of the Air Force in 69 and my mother made me go to the unemployment office and try to find a job. First interview and they hired me and 43 years later am still working on that darn job application.

I was suppose to retire the 21st of December but no one to replace me so I said I will work to the 1st of Feb but that is it. I want to finish a Rocket 3 that I have and a 54 BSA and 70 Tiger that need finishing. If I can get them done I also have a 56 Ariel that I think would be fun to ride to bike night.

I made the mistake of telling my wife I did not know what I was going to do with all my time when I retire. She said that she knew what I could do, half of the house work. Maybe working is not so bad.

Oh, Jim, as you are in Wisconsin, July 4th you don't have to Ice Fish!

Actually, my wife is from Kalamazoo. We went there August to fish a medium lake (700 acres) where her friends park a RV.

4 days fishing and over 400 blue gills (shell crackers here). Just nightcrawlers, not all that fancy bass gear I used to buy. Cleaned over 200. Convinced me that I will get back to a boat before I retire.

Mike G.

Edited by Mike G in SC

retirement ian't all that it's bragged up to be -

first, there too many decisions to make like which bike to ride, which set of fishing poles to put in the boat, do I take the cell phone with me or leave it at home, can I turn off the blue tooth on the bike, which wine tasting event to attend - it just goes on and on and on and -

Congratulations, you're going to have fun

I would have to say the biggest thing I missed was the comarodery of my folks on my shift and overall the squadron. Just seemed to be a tighter nit bunch that civilian shop. I got out and went to work in a race shop where we took care of over 30 race cars. Quite a spread in ages, like 18-19 to a couple guys over 50. Everybody pitched together to get work done, but when whistle blew everyone scattered like ants. Didnt seem to have any hey Joe ya want to come over for lunch Sat or how about grabbing a cold one Fri after work. I will say the group where I am now is more on the level I had when I was active duty. But we are on the road together for almost 30 weeks a year together. Shoot maybe you can get a part time gig selling bikes at the local motorcycle store. :whistling: