IGNORED

Who had done 800 to 1000 miles without a lay over.

GolfVenture

How many hours did it take you?

What was your average speed?

If you were planning on an 800 to 1000 miles without a layover any suggestions?

I'm considering about 950 mile trip in one day.

In Sept of 2010 I rode 2 days from Vacaville CA to Buckely WA.

1st Day was from Vacaville WA to Corvallis Or a total of about 525 miles.

2nd Day from Corvallis Or to Buckley WA Via I-5 to Portland OR then to The Dalles OR to Yakima WA for a total of 385 miles.

Now prior to this I had not ridden for 27 years.

All I did was take the m/c rider safety course.

Flew down to Vacaville and rode about 1 hour.

Then took off the next morning for Oregon.

Oh I also had a 4 way bypass open heart operation about 4 months ago.

Since this trip I've put on about 2500 miles.

I'm thinking that I could do this 950 mile trip in one day or 18 hours.

Oh I today just go my seat back from Butler Seat modification.

Edited by Golf&Venture
Update

1,024 in 2007 23 1/2 hrs

1,024 in 2009 18 1/2 hrs, I think. Kirby might know. He was leading and we were hauling -----

A little bit shy of your target, 600 miles is the furthest I've gone. Straight shot from East TN to Chicago. I was by myself so I only stopped when I needed fuel about every 180 miles. I typically run about 5 mph over the limt. Took me about 9 hours. After a short break I easily could have gotten back on the bike and put in another couple hundred.

That was on my Volusia. Can't wait to see what a REAL touring bike will be like when my 1st Gen hits the road.

A little bit shy of your target, 600 miles is the furthest I've gone. Straight shot from East TN to Chicago. I was by myself so I only stopped when I needed fuel about every 180 miles. I typically run about 5 mph over the limt. Took me about 9 hours. After a short break I easily could have gotten back on the bike and put in another couple hundred.

That was on my Volusia. Can't wait to see what a REAL touring bike will be like when my 1st Gen hits the road.

My first was on C50T. There just is no comparison. I can do a thousand miles standing on my head with the Venture. . . . . . . well, almost.

:big-grin-emoticon:

My longest was 653 miles in 10 1/2 hours last May from Marietta to DC for Rolling Thunder. Very short stops for gas and restroom, and no long meal stops. Was motivated by staying out of incoming bad weather too. Usually stopped every 150 - 175 miles, and sans traffic, kept it wound up to speed limit +10.

Leaving this coming Monday for a repeat trip, but will be breaking it up much more due to the wife coming along.

October 22, 2011

Left home @ 3:00 AM and was home 9:00 PM

Georgetown to FTW

FTW to Pecos

Pecos to Ft Stockton

Ft Stockton to San Antonio

San Antonio to Georgetown

1055 miles

IBA # 48800

Great weather

Great ride

Did a trip from Kansas City, MO side to Niagara Falls, NY. 1042 miles, right at 22 hours. We had a rain delay 1.5 hours, so technically it was 20.5 hours. Stopped every 100-120 miles for gas, potty break, snack/drink and go, Did one stop for lunch/gas of 45 minutes, and since there was three bikes doing this trip, we swapped lead every 70 - 80 miles. This was all Interstate, and doing about 5-10 over speed limit if it allowed. Once it got dark, we kept to speed limit.

Ex

4 or 5 years ago I ran Blairsville, Ga to Home, 810 miles and just slightly over 13 hours.

90 to 95 degs, took a couple of weeks to recover from the heat.

When I was younger I did several 700 to 900 miles days with no problem.

Think its a personal thing and the condition you are in,

BOO

Escondido, Ca to San Antonio, Texas in 1990 - 1180 mi - 21 hrs 40 min - age 41 (81 Honda Interstate)

Phoenix, Az to Houston, Texas last year - 1192 miles - 21 hr 20 min - age 61 - Harley Ultra

Now that I have a FJR1300 I should be able to cut some time off my next over 1000 mile straight through ride (no stops other than for gas and eats)

For me anyway, the most important item you "must have" to be able to physically endure long rides is comfort. And for me anyway, comfort is dictated by the seat. If your butt can't handle the miles, neither will the rest of ya.

1,024 in 2007 23 1/2 hrs

1,024 in 2009 18 1/2 hrs, I think. Kirby might know. He was leading and we were hauling -----

Yea, well we were going about as fast as we could in that rain and fog. And it was 1,052 miles.

Dan and I drove straight through to Freebird's MD in 2010 a distance of 917 miles in 16 hrs but we had to walk through Cincinati the traffic was so bad. It took about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get through there.

:crying::crying::crying:

Just have everything well planned out and get in shape if you've never done anything like this before. Above all else, listen to your body. Be Safe!!!!!!

Elko NV to Phoenix... 750 miles in just over 17 hours. Would have been less time but was riding with a V-Rod and they have to stop about every 100 miles for gas. Helmeted in Nevada with no windshield on the Vulcan sucks.

From Elyra (MD 2011) to home 960 miles in about 18 hours.

Reds were in town, in Cincinnati, so it took about 45 minutes to get past the stadium and through the tunnel.

Took a little detour in KY, just to get off "the slab".

Don't think I wanna do that again. :no-no-no:

1100 miles the first time took 19 hours. 1100 miles a couple months back took 18, including running out of gas "more than once." Lol

Did 1000 leisurely miles in 23.5 hours. Good thing pace wasn't the aim, because I got caught in Houston and Memphis rush hours, rain, and IL freeway construction. Ugh

I've done a couple 800 mile rides for hamburgers. Don't think those count.

Dave

For me anyway, the most important item you "must have" to be able to physically endure long rides is comfort. And for me anyway, comfort is dictated by the seat. If your butt can't handle the miles, neither will the rest of ya.

Agree. Just got my seat back today with Butler's modification.