IGNORED

Desk Top Won't Read the SD Card.

GolfVenture

I bet your SD card is greater than 2GB. Your desktop PC is probably old enough that the reader has a 2GB limit. This is a hardware limit not software. Easy fix is buy a cheap USB card reader. Your desktop will pick it up and then read the card. Wally World has a wide selection of readers near the cameras and card memory. Might even get one of those multi-card readers. That way you can read other card types if they happen to come by.

JB

I have had issues with repeated use of the same card from my camera. The problem turns out to be (most times ) that the card is not seated in the slot fully. It sometimes takes a couple of try's to make the proper contact, If this fails to remedy the problem, insert the card and open the Library or My Computer views to see if the card is seen by your operating system. If it is you will see a drive letter indicating the removable storage devise representing youre SD card. If it is there you can click on it to open and view.

If you have installed other software that can take the default viewer position, there may be a conflict. Open a viewer and search for the SD card file.