IGNORED

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg Again

So with the new HO Stator, starter clutch, and programmable TCI installed I can't get the bike cranked. After 3 cans of starter fluid the bike will fire only as long as the starter fluid is present but then chokes out.

The fuel pumps seems to click for long time every time I turn the key on. And the battery drains down to nothing quickly and I've had it on the charger all day. When the charger indicates charged it has 13.5 volts but doesn't last long. The bikes been sitting for about a year.

I'm thinking I'll probably have to pull the carbs and go through them again. But, I thought I'd get some more opinions before I did that.:bang head:

Do you have a working stock TCI you can check bike with?

I did check yours and all the 83-89's on my bike before sending them out, but would like to eliminate Ignitech as culprit.

I am having an issue with at least one of the Ignitech's on a 90-93 single pick up coil bike that won't fire. I had no way of testing the single pick up coil units. That one does run with the stock TCI.

But if it is firing with starting fluid, I would doubt it is the TCI.

Gary

Make sure the fuel petcock is in the "on" or "reserve" position! :rotf:If that doesn't work check to make sure there is fuel in the fuel tank. :rotf:
Thats why I love you guys and this site. It never hurts to get a second opinion. I knew it was full of fresh gas, I just forgot to turn the petcock on. Started right up.

I feel like such a rookie dumb A**. :doh::doh::rotfl::dancefool::cool10:

Thanks for the help.

Dingy the TCI is apparently good to go.

I was only posting as a joke. I do have to admit though that I did take my lawnmower out of the shed and after being completely pooped out from pulling on the cord I looked down to find out that the fuel petcock was in the "off" position. Turned it to the "on" position and fired up on the second pull. :rotf:

I was only posting as a joke. I do have to admit though that I did take my lawnmower out of the shed and after being completely pooped out from pulling on the cord I looked down to find out that the fuel petcock was in the "off" position. Turned it to the "on" position and fired up on the second pull. :rotf:
So you know how I feel.

I got here in time to laugh Bob!! I'm not going to say anything about the chain saw I took apart to find out what was wrong with it. cleaned everything set mag put in new plug checked tank. Dry as a bone!!!
I love that line in the Billy Bob Thorton movie "Sling Blade" when his more mentally astute friends are trying to figure out what's wrong with the rotary tiller.

His retarded but correct answer.

"It aint got no gas"