IGNORED

Rear Brake slightly dragging.

After bleeding the foot pedal brake (91VR) both front and rear, now the rear brake seems to slightly drag.

Put it on the center stand lifted up on the foot break pedal both the front and rear tire seems to spin freely.

After pressing on the foot brake pedal, then letting it free the foot pedal does not come up like it used to.

The front tire spins freely, but the rear tire was slightly harder to spin and the rear brake light stayed on.

So I continued riding with my right foot under the brake foot. That seemed to be enough to release the rear brake.

Any suggestions.

Remove the rear caliper and try to judge how difficult it is to seat the pistons flush. If one piston requires more effort than the other, this is probably your answer, in that one of the pistons is hanging up. Pop the pistons out and clean the bore lightly with emery cloth, replace the seals.

However, I would actually bet your issue is in the rear master cycliner. They draging rear brake is common. You probably disoldged some gunk and now it is impeding some flow within the master. I had this happen on the highway on a hot day.

The fix it to remove the rear master, disamble and clean with brake clean and compressed air. Not a difficult job and my repair turned out fine, and I did not replace any seal etcs... just cleaned.

Thanks, read the posting. The thing is I've never messed with any part of the rear pedal to the calipars.

Here is some more info.

I also have an 89 VR with the OEM rear pedal set up and the pedal seems to have much more movement.

The 91 has Markland floorboards. I moved it from the 89 to the 91 and has been working fine for about 600 miles. But the hardware never did seem to give much pedal movement, but all worked fine. The 91 VR has 7300 miles on it and I'm the 2nd owner. He has ridden it a little every year. The only thing I've done to it, is to put new plugs, some seafoam, and synced the carbs. The 91VR is litterly in show room condition. It never got rained on untill last about a week ago and only slightly.

I read the recent posting. Its just that I've never messed with the rear pedal to the calipar in 6 month of riding of only 600 miles, which is about 10 seperate riding times.

Might there be something that I can spray some lubercant.

Last night I did some more testing and seems like after I press down on the pedal and release it quickly the rear brake light goes off and the rear wheel rolls just a tad freeer.

If I release the rear pedal really slowly then the rear brake light stays on and just a tad more resistance on the wheel turning.

Might there be something that I can spray some lubercant on beforer I go into tearing things apart?.

that was my post...must be something in the air....still havnt figured it out. bled the heck out of it, still the pedal is hanging up. gonna have to pull the shaft out and clean it. maybe thats the cure. i dunno, just another project. while im at it, i will clean the rear master as suggested.

Remember that that reservoir in the rear is not under pressure but you really have to pump them back up after any pad replacement. I just did mine this week. But this sounds more like you need to spray the pedal linkages good with WD40 and clean out any road debris that may have collected in there. Spray it real good and wipe it clean then oil of grease it again and see how it is. Road grime can work its way in there and be just enough to impede easy movement.

i removed the linkage, as suggested, and pedal moves freely. so, i hooked the linkage back up and removed the rear master for cleaning. dirty. while it was off, i decided to open up the rear sppedbleeder and pump out any fluid remaing. NOW the pedal comes all the way up?! so what is it? air? bad proportioning valve? just trying to figure it out b4 i put it back together.....thanks. Golf, try this...

I bleeded the line excessively and also sprayed lubercant on all the moving parts of the brake linkage which is different than the OEM for I have markland floor board on. It seemed to have corrected the issue for the break lights no longer stay on after depressing the foot pedal and very slowly letting off the pedal.