IGNORED

Riding around the Lake Ozark area

Heading up to the Lake Ozark, MO area at the end of the month...looking for scenic rides to take while there. Appreciate any input.

When I get home tonight I will put some links to stuff on here for you. At work now and can't get to anything. :bawling:

Bryan

Sorry so late just got home from that dirty 4 letter word,,,,, work.

Anyway if you do not mind a mile of gravel some of these "swinging" brides are cool to see before they are all gone. Another couple on a Valkyrie went with us 2 years ago and it was pretty cool.

And if you want to have a meal in a "cave" well this place can do that. We were there and the food was good, going to hit it again in a week and find out how it is now.

There is "Bridal cave" also that is nice to hit in the summer heat for a bit.

Now as for roads, heck any road you want around there is pretty nice, even the 4 lane up to Jefferson City is pretty,,,, for a 4 lane.

Bryan

Aimhigh,

What are you looking for. I can give you hundreds of miles of great roads in the area. I'll be happy to send you some routes, if you'll tell me what you want. Hour long trips, all day rides, etc. Do you have microsoft streets and trips or a Garmin? If so, I can send you some great trips.

Edited by 1sttenor
Added to response

Hey Jim,

Here is a link to some pictures of the swinging bridges and the cave restaurant on the ride we took 2 years ago. Bridges were fun but like I said before there is some gravel to get to them. I was raised on gravel roads so they don't bother me as much as they do some people.

Hope you have a GREAT trip! :photographing:

Saturday we are meeting up with friends from ILL in Bowling Green, MO, Rick and Shirley Haywood and heading to Ark-e-saw for a week of riding GREAT roads, :sign woo hoo: terrorizing the locals, :whistling: hiding the grit's :yikes: and finding some moon shine! :beer:

(In the post Rick says he likes banjo music????? I'm going to have to have a talk with Shirley me thinks? :think:

)

Bryan.

• 2 weeks later...
Aimhigh,

What are you looking for. I can give you hundreds of miles of great roads in the area. I'll be happy to send you some routes, if you'll tell me what you want. Hour long trips, all day rides, etc. Do you have microsoft streets and trips or a Garmin? If so, I can send you some great trips.

Just looking for day riides around the Lake Ozark area...we will be there for a week. Appreciate info.

I take a lot of friends on many rides, but this is the favorite for most.

Driving Distance: 216 miles

take US-54 East for 30.2 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto SR-E (Very twisty)

Turn LEFT (North) onto SR-B [Route B] for 3.8 mi

Turn onto SR-M [Route M] for 6.7 mi (Tight sweepers with great vistas)

Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-50 for 6.2 mi towards Bonnets Mill

Bear LEFT (North) onto SR-A [Highway A] for 5.7 mi (Twisty and vistas)

This will take you to Bonnots Mill, which is off the route, but worth the detour. When you've looked around town backtrack up the hill to SR-C [Highway C] turn left on C.

Continue straight onto SR-100 [Highway 100] (Again twisty with vistas)

This will take you to Hermann through German country.

Bear LEFT (North-East) onto SR-19 [state Route 19 S] for 0.8 mi to go into downtown Hermann for lunch.

When your ready to leave town, most want to look around for a while, head South on MO-19

Turn RIGHT (West) onto SR-F for 1.8 mi

Turn LEFT (South-West) onto SR-W for 5.6 mi

Turn LEFT (South) onto SR-K [Highway K] for 0.1 mi

Turn RIGHT (West) onto US-50 [Highway 50 E] for 4.6 mi

Turn LEFT (South) onto MO-A [Highway U] for 0.2 mi

Go west onto SR-28 until to reach Belle.

Just past Belle. turn RIGHT onto SR-42 which will take you back to Osage Beach. The first part of this is twisty that straightens out into long sweepers.

You can rush, but most of this is (you guessed it) twisty and very, very rural, so don't expect to make good time, but have a camera at the ready, its beautiful and a popular route. Enjoy

Edited by 1sttenor
correction