IGNORED

Canadian Purchase at LeatherUp

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Guest Rev'n Ahead

I have tried three times in the last week to purchase some pants and a jacket from LeatherUp.com and have had all three rejected for different reasons. The first one said they couldn't verify the address (canadian, eh), :confused07: the second said it had to be paid on paypal (instead of credit card) so for the third attempt I used paypal and I just got a note that they've been told that paypal hasn't approved my purchase of $200 and I've got room of over $500 on the account... :confused24:

Very sad here... wanted to get this stuff in time for my May 1 initial ride of the season...

BUMMER!

Has anyone else, north of the 49th, had any issue with them? or is this just personal? :depressed:

Thanks.

I purchased some chaps and boots from them the day before yesterday paid by Visa with no problem. Did try a few days before the end of the month when the sale was on but it kept going to the login page. If I logged in again the cart was empty. Looks like they were having problems with their site.

Cost $20 more than it should have... Oh well. :95:

I have tried three times in the last week to purchase some pants and a jacket from LeatherUp.com and have had all three rejected for different reasons. The first one said they couldn't verify the address (canadian, eh), :confused07: the second said it had to be paid on paypal (instead of credit card) so for the third attempt I used paypal and I just got a note that they've been told that paypal hasn't approved my purchase of $200 and I've got room of over $500 on the account... :confused24:

Very sad here... wanted to get this stuff in time for my May 1 initial ride of the season...

BUMMER!

Has anyone else, north of the 49th, had any issue with them? or is this just personal? :depressed:

Thanks.

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Well, after three unsuccessful attempts to order some stuff from them, I finally called the 1-800 number and spoke to a guy who recommended I go to their amazon.com/leatherup site - paid with VISA and everything showed up fine - in only 4 days! Nice and quick. :cool10:

Shame the ladies riding pants are low-riders at the waist and so my wife doesn't want them. They expose her lower back a lot when she's sitting on the bike.... shame. I'm sending them back tomorrow. There was a link on the email which printed a return address label and letter to include in the package.

Ready to send tomorrow, and now I'm gonna be taking her shopping locally... gonna cost me at least twice as much as what I had from leatherup. Oh well...

Guest Rev'n Ahead
Ever been to Crazy Al's in London?

http://www.bikerleathers.ca/

Not yet... but they are on my radar and plans for sure! Just need to get down to London sometime. I still need a pair of summer riding pants, the wife needs a pair too (now that we've returned the one's which finally arrived for her) and she needs a helmet... If I go down there I'd like to ride down on the bike instead of in the cage. We'll see. Next time I'm down that way I will stop in, for sure.

How are they with online orders? Have you bought anything that way from them?

MjH

....How are they with online orders? Have you bought anything that way from them?

MjH

I'm in Kitchener and only 45 minutes away from their store. Made the mistake of taking my girlfriend shopping there. $800 later....

If you do come down this way, let me know. Several members in this area and always a good excuse to meet, and possibly ride together.

Don

Guest Rev'n Ahead

well, deal is done with leatherup and they sent me a coupon with their thanks for my business.

since I won't be ordering from there for a long while i'd be happy to pass along, for free, the online coupon code.

Just PM for it and i"ll be happy to send you the 10% off unlimited online discount code.

see ya...