IGNORED

How do I fix it? It's Busted

Cougar

look to the right of the photo.. thats how much left.. back ground dont help to see it tho..

I jury rigged it for now. I have had it all apart.. Come to find out all this jus phugs in the box with a jack the whole part is like 1.5 foot long. why can't we get this on small part?

Jeff

If that is the base of the CB antenna you need to splice Coax correctly or you could blow the CB transmitter.

While you could make a temporary repair that will last a little while you are going to end up replacing it anyhow. If while it break it shorts the shield to the inner conductor and you transmit it will not be good for the transmitter. Also if the repair of the inner conductor breaks and you loose connection to the antenna it will also be bad for the transmitter.

Best bet is to enter shopping mode.:mo money:

Mark :rotf:why do you have to be in your big truck to tell me this? (big trucks are great) :D

I did just goggle that part. and that looks pretty good.. ya know I just use this darn CB on a couple of group rides and that's about it.. maybe next winter will tear into it again

just wanted to fix it before I put the trike body back in place. (easier) but I still can work on it from under later. I did how ever tear it apart and wire it back up. but now sounds like if I turn the CB on I could burn something up I guess. :shock3:

Thanks for the info Sir.

Jeff

Jeff-

Looks like the mount for the CB antenna. You can purchase a replacement mount (assuming the antenna itself is compatible) and put a PL-259 connector on the cable and be good to go again. Be sure and match the new configuration with an SWR meter. Also make sure the verify you lug isn't grounded. We don't want you to damage your CB

Dave

looked there last night Larry after working on the "TOP SECRECT PROJECT"

But I did just find this. why would this not work and then get it tuned?

it was made for a GL1200

the funny part is that I only really need the base and the cable. but this

unit is $45.00 bucks

Jeff

[ATTACH]65266[/ATTACH]

Thanks Joe.. that is the part I need, but think it is for the Radio side. as the wire is pretty long. but I might bid on it just the have that base connector .. Ummm

The wire on the CB side is about 18 inches. but If I can't

find anything close at least I will have the base for my ant.

I will bid on it in a couple days. wish it was BUYITNOW tho. LOL

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

Dave did you find a link as to where I might find the base for now I would be happy

just with that. as mine is messed up. I also need the nut that goes under it as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff-

Here's a link for you. It's about 2/3 the way down the page.

http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_antennamounts-brackets.htm

Good Luck!

Dave

Condor. and where do we just find the cable ? :think:

My bad, I meant to say pick up another OEM CB antenna lead co-ax. Replacing just the wire is a PITA..... There's a bunch of tiny springs and caps up under that crimp.... Like I said previously I did splice a new mount to the original co-ax on the AM/FM side, but it took a whole lot of shade treeing. I wouldn't attemp it on the CB side

I have a bad habit of I assuming everyone knows what I'm talking about when I don't..... :whistling: