IGNORED

Out for spring......

Well I had a little time so I dug out my 83. I got the headlight changes, lowbeam still does not work GRRRR. I had already had it on the charger. Got it fired up, stung bad for a bit then cleared up. Took it out for a spin. Stopped at a friends place to chew the fat. when I went to leave the starter just growled, no start. I let it sit for a couple hours and tried again, nope not happening. We pushed it down his drive n got it started, not to hard. Got home and let it sit until I got home from work. Tried to start it and nothing. Checked the battery and it was dead so I figured it was bad and got a new one. Not the battery is dead again and still no start. Any ideas? Shaun

Check the 3 wire plug on the left side just under the seat to see if it is burned out or corroded. Some of us have removed that plug all together and soldered those wires together.

Failing that you either have something shorted out and draining the battery or it could possibly be your stator.. There are after market high output stators available. Skydoc can help you out with that..

Any ideas? Shaun

Sounds like you might have a dead short somewhere?? May be starter related...