IGNORED

RSTD Exhaust tip rotation

Okay, I finally got around to looking at my RSTD exahust tips. I wanted to turn them around so they looked like most of the pictures in the reviews I've read. I feel that it makes the bike look longer, lol. I found what looks like a set screw hole at the bottom of the muffler housing. However, I tried several allen wrenches and those that fit in the hole didn't grab anything and other wrenches were just to big. I guess I knocked off those particular brain cells when I was younger. What am I missing? ps. no picture yet. I added a drivers backrest, my gps mount and wiring but that is about it.

2007 RSTD.

All help would be appreciated.:confused07:

Same here. Flipped mine over using allen wrenches but I don't remember what size. Had them that way for about 2 months and then bought a set of Road King exhaust. Like the look and love the sound now. Not too loud but you can hear the rumble. Nice!!

PS. I did like the look of the tips turned over. That wasn't why I changed to Road King pipes.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay, I finally got around to looking at my RSTD exahust tips. I wanted to turn them around so they looked like most of the pictures in the reviews I've read. I feel that it makes the bike look longer, lol. I found what looks like a set screw hole at the bottom of the muffler housing. However, I tried several allen wrenches and those that fit in the hole didn't grab anything and other wrenches were just to big. I guess I knocked off those particular brain cells when I was younger. What am I missing? ps. no picture yet. I added a drivers backrest, my gps mount and wiring but that is about it.

2007 RSTD.

All help would be appreciated.:confused07:

Longer? If you want your bike to look longer you just need to park it next to about any other non-chopper motorcycle out there. I never really realized how long our machines were until I parked it directly next to my old HD Electra Glide that I sold to my buddy. My RSTD made his machine look a bit small. How much longer do you want your machine to look? maybe you could stretch out the front end?:rotf:

• 4 years later...