IGNORED

westboro baptist church.........

DragonRider

I just found out that the scum from westboro baptist church are here in Newnan to disrupt the funeral service of Capt. Nicholas Whitlock USAF. I particitpated in the arrival at the airport and then stood in line at church to Honor Capt. Whilock. Now the scum, and thats the worst that I can say on here being its a pg site are here to disrupt and try to disgrace his name, his family, and his country by spewing their filth as close to the church as they can. I was unable to attned and maybe that is best, because I would have a hard time containing myself from confronting them. They need to go back to kansas and lack themselves in their compound and rot!! The views stated here are mine and do not represent that of VentureRider.org. Rant over!!!:soapbox::soapbox:

On the other hand, they don't realize who the family is they are taking on, the Whitlock family is very well know and connected in Coweta county. They practically founded it and have had someone in the family running it for a long time. I am feeling that if they really piss them off, they would have a really hard time getting out of the county. I was told by a capt on the local police dept and a PGR member, that the 92 year old grandfather can wield a mean cane and isn't afraid to use it. I will see tonite on the news if they decided to show up. Or some of our locals could take matters into their own hands, and everyone would look the other way I am sure.....Capt. Whitlock was a 2 sport all-star at one of the local high schools, an Eagle Scout, and regarded highly by everyone in this small Ga. town.

Edited by DragonRider

Lew, just remember, what Capt Whitlock and all the rest of us have served for, is Liberty. The only way that I can deal with the idiots from Westboro is to accept that with true Liberty, there will be those that use it wrongly for their own agenda. The only reason that this scum is doing this is because this has been the best way for them to get attention for them to get more money from their scum supporters. Yes, in my mind it is absolutely wrong to abuse these freedoms as they have, when they are simply too stupid to know that if it were not for the Capt Whitlocks of this country that gave some or gave all, they would not be able to do this.

Last summer, we lost a local soldier and the Westboro group were supposed to be here. With the crazy bunch we have around here, The Westboro scum may have not made it back home alive. They did not show up.

RandyA

Every group has it's extremists and I know that people have dis-associated from them. I just wonder how the bus they rode in still rolls???

I beleive in free political speech but also as in everything there is a time and place, laying someone to rest is not it, not now not ever! I would also have a hard time containing myself as I have no tolerance for any disrespect displayed towards our brothers and sisters who have given their lives for our great nation.

Lew, just remember, what Capt Whitlock and all the rest of us have served for, is Liberty. The only way that I can deal with the idiots from Westboro is to accept that with true Liberty, there will be those that use it wrongly for their own agenda. The only reason that this scum is doing this is because this has been the best way for them to get attention for them to get more money from their scum supporters. Yes, in my mind it is absolutely wrong to abuse these freedoms as they have, when they are simply too stupid to know that if it were not for the Capt Whitlocks of this country that gave some or gave all, they would not be able to do this.

Last summer, we lost a local soldier and the Westboro group were supposed to be here. With the crazy bunch we have around here, The Westboro scum may have not made it back home alive. They did not show up.

RandyA

You are right on, Sir. After 28 yrs in the military and a PGR rider myself, it is very difficult to accept that these despicable people actually have the right to do the disgusting things they do. Integrity and honor seem to be of short supply these days. Having said that, I guess these things are not in such short supply...I have to correct myself and believe that most folks are honorable...witness the great people on this site.

:thumbsup2:

Those SCUM had a really bad experience in Brandon, MS!!! :bluesbrother:

It was amazing that several vehicles in the Brandon area had engine failure or ran out of gas in the motel parking lots RIGHT BEHIND all the cars with Kansas tags! :confused24:

There were so many break downs in fact it was HOURS before tow trucks could get to them!

And sadly :rotf: the event they came to disrupt was over, by the time the tow trucks arrived!!!

And THAT was just one of their difficulties......

It was amazing that several vehicles in the Brandon area had engine failure or ran out of gas in the motel parking lots RIGHT BEHIND all the cars with Kansas tags! :confused24:

There were so many break downs in fact it was HOURS before tow trucks could get to them!

And sadly :rotf: the event they came to disrupt was over, by the time the tow trucks arrived!!!

Ya there is always more than one way to skin a cat,,,, good for the local folks for thinking that one up,,,, I'd say it was a tit before tat.

Very smart move, maybe more of this should happen when and if they show up and people can find out where they are staying...........Hats off to the folks of Brandon, Miss.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup::thumbsup2::thumbsup:

As hard as it may be to contain your anger when confronted by those UG's you must, it is why they're there, hoping someone will do something so they can sue you, the city, the PD and anyone else they can. That is how they fund their slimy existence. I have been there to help shield the families of our fallen heros from the filth they spew too many times. Their day will come, but it won't be by the hand of the PGR

I read the story behind the so-called founder, head scum, on how he became what they have become. He is a child abuser and real dirtbag that ripped people off and sent all his kids to law school so now they sue everybody over frivolous stuff and settlements.

If yo Google them you can read the story from one of his sons that broke away.

There is a limit to "free speech" You can't yell fire in a theater. You shouldn't be able to do what these people do to our fallen heroes. I understand the slippery slope of preventing "speech". I don't think what they do is "speech" but harassment and the intentional infliction of mental anguish.

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."

"I know in my heart that man is good.

That what is right will always eventually triumph.

And there's purpose and worth to each and every life."

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States. 1911-2004

We must do all we can. Thank you PGR

The Westboro crowd has not received much support around here. Once some of the protesters got pepper sprayed by a local man as they stood along the street. Another time they found many of their car tires flat where they had parked and several local shops failed to respond to make repairs.

The one time they showed up here to celebrate, as a hero to them, a gunman who had opended fire in a local shopping mall killing and wounding shoppers, the local response was so heated the protesters made themselves scarce.

I didn't get the feeling the local crowd was intending to display the dignity and restraint of the PGR.

If the media would quit focusing on these misguided zealots they would probably never be seen again. They thrive on the attention.

Mike

The Westboro crowd has not received much support around here. Once some of the protesters got pepper sprayed by a local man as they stood along the street. Another time they found many of their car tires flat where they had parked and several local shops failed to respond to make repairs.

The one time they showed up here to celebrate, as a hero to them, a gunman who had opended fire in a local shopping mall killing and wounding shoppers, the local response was so heated the protesters made themselves scarce.

I didn't get the feeling the local crowd was intending to display the dignity and restraint of the PGR.

If the media would quit focusing on these misguided zealots they would probably never be seen again. They thrive on the attention.

Mike

Well you just tell that local crowd that I give them a big :thumbsup2: and wish them success in their efforts. :clap2:

Well I am not sure if westboro idiots showed up here in Newnan, I checked the local newspaper that covered it extensively, and no mention made of them showing up. That makes me very happy they were a no show. I do believe it could have gone bad for them if they had.

On another not, the photographer for PGR snapped this shot of me and another member, I guessed he noticed the slight resemblance to each other............what do you think?

[ATTACH]64628[/ATTACH]

On another not, the photographer for PGR snapped this shot of me and another member, I guessed he noticed the slight resemblance to each other............what do you think?

[ATTACH]64628[/ATTACH]

Twins from a different mother...

[ATTACH]64628[/ATTACH]

Oh you are in there, I was looking at the airplane....:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

517-335-6397 or wurfels@michigan.gov FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012

Snyder signs bills to protect mourners against funeral protestors

This should put a crimp in WBC disruptions. :clap2:

LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today signed legislation to prevent protests and disruptions at funerals and other memorial services.

The two-bill package makes it a felony to protest or otherwise engage in disorderly conduct within 500 feet of a funeral, memorial service, viewing, procession or burial. The felony will be punishable by up to two years’ imprisonment, a $5,000 fine or both. Subsequent offenses could garner up to four years’ imprisonment, a $10,000 fine or both.

“The death of a loved one is a devastating loss, and this is particularly so for the family and friends of Michigan’s military heroes,” Snyder said. “Michigan families should be able to celebrate life and mourn death in peace without such disrespect or interruption.”

also see link http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7-19 ... --,00.html

House Bills 4284 and 4745, sponsored by state Reps. Bruce Rendon and Kurt Damrow, respectively, now are Public Acts 5 and 6.