Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How many times

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like

And I would say that they must've gotten the 2 Gen right, 'cause look how long it's been running unchanged, since the beginning, 14 years! Now that's not taking anything away from the 1st Gens, but they did make a few changes to them. In it's time, I agree, it was ahead of it's time. On the same note, look how the 2nd Gen has been holding it's own against the competition! And it would be even greater if it had just a few updates! I didn't think Yamaha should have ever dropped the 1st Gen, but they did. Now it looks as though the 2Gen is headed down the same path. I just hope the next version is something we can all be proud to call a VENTURE. After all, whatever it is, it'll have some big shoes to fill!! And personally, an air-cooled, belt drive V-twin just ain't gonna measure up.
    Kirby
    Life's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!
    IBA # 35582
    PGR Member

United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like

They all copy off of each other. Sometimes it's due to attract more customers other times it's to comply with the EPA. Carburated bikes will soon Have to be EFI. EPA effectively shut down the 2 cycle street bikes in 79...

As far as keeping the bike the same and just adding abs. etc... That wouldnt work either, as, you'd still have people wining about not changing the airodynamics etc...

Every once in a shile you have to change the body style to attract customers.

I would like to see a lighter bike based on a FJR but with added wind protection (electric windshield) and comfortable seating... Oh... almost forgot... dump that rear shock and get something that will last the life of the bike... (rebuildable)
    Last edited by CaptainJoe; 02-28-2012 at 08:25 AM.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We all DreamDreams are just a little different...
    1st GENS RULE
    Faded Blue is the fastest.
    "Blue Beast" will live forever

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789