IGNORED

How many times

Black Owl

Do we have to ask, beg, demand, that folks keep their comments civil?

It is comments like the following which can quickly send a thread to the trash bin and do nothing to strengthen the poster's "opinion."

"If you don't want to do it, fine. If you try telling folk it isn't safe to do it ... then you would simply be ignorant (not YOU, any you) :) "

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

:mytruck1:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. Just because somebody may have a different opinion that you does NOT mean that they are ignorant. Many very intelligent people have different opinions and even people who are experts in their given fields can have vastly different opinions on any given subject.

I have to agree. Just because somebody may have a different opinion that you does NOT mean that they are ignorant. Many very intelligent people have different opinions and even people who are experts in their given fields can have vastly different opinions on any given subject.

Agreed!

If someone has a different opinion, it is not a reflection on their intelligence. It just means they are WRONG! :think:

(At least until they have persuaded me to agree with them.)

:stirthepot:

Agreed!

If someone has a different opinion, it is not a reflection on their intelligence. It just means they are WRONG! :think:

Their intelligence is only gauged by their ability to substantiate their opinion and make a believer out of me .... in most cases, they FAIL !!

:rotfl:

Agreed!

WRONG? :think:WRONG?:think: I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken!!!:duck::rotfl::rotfl:

Don't know who this was but have been there had that done to me and I agree with the Boss and Owl. Takes a real big man to sling crap when he has something to hide behind. I

I won't feel a bit bad if you toss that remark but some things still bite when I think of them.

Do we have to ask, beg, demand, that folks keep their comments civil?

It is comments like the following which can quickly send a thread to the trash bin and do nothing to strengthen the poster's "opinion."

"If you don't want to do it, fine. If you try telling folk it isn't safe to do it ... then you would simply be ignorant (not YOU, any you) :) "

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

:mytruck1:lieve that comment was ma

I believe that comment was made in a post replying to me and I DID NOT take offense to it

Just an FYI

flb, that is EXACTLY what an old roommate of mine used to say, he would call anyone "Ignorant" if they lacked an answer on about anything, and then quote the definition like you did. But he was intending an insult, make no mistake about that. Despite the definition, the word is an insult in America.:stirthepot:

So if a moderator posts a thread or a comment in a thread that contravenes policy.... do the rest of us get to delete it?

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion, unless they disagree with mine"

I didn't see the original post so it is hard to comment without knowing the context... but the poster did put a smiley face on it and made effort to say it reflected "any you". Don't think they made an attempt to offend, probably an attempt at humour.

"...then you would simply be ignorant (not YOU, any you) :)"

So if a moderator posts a thread or a comment in a thread that contravenes policy.... do the rest of us get to delete it?

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion, unless they disagree with mine"

I didn't see the original post so it is hard to comment without knowing the context... but the poster did put a smiley face on it and made effort to say it reflected "any you". Don't think they made an attempt to offend, probably an attempt at humour.

"...then you would simply be ignorant (not YOU, any you) :)"

I agree and that's how I would have interpreted it ... but then again, I might have been ignorant of the real underlying implication ... :Laugh:

:scratchchin:Important: Please read!

This forum is for those of who have decided to run a car tire on the back of their Ventures, or for those who may be interested in trying it and looking for some information.

PLEASE READ: By participating in this area you AGREE to the following.

1. Installing and running a car tire on the back of the Venture or any other motorcycle is NOT endorsed by nor recommended by VentureRider.org.

2. In this group you will mostly find posts from people who are using these tires and are sold on the idea. It is important that you understand that there are negative opinions also. Some of these include possible rubber compounds that are not optimized for motorcycles, some insurance companies may not pay for accidents if they know that you are using a car tire, possible problems with the bead profile of the motorcycle rim not correct for a car tire, profile of tire is possibly not optimized for motorcycle use. These are just a few of the reasons cited for NOT running a car tire on a motorcycle. These issues have been agreed to by some and disputed by others but you need to be aware that the use of a car tire on a motorcycle is NOT universally agreed upon to be a good idea.

3. The bottom line is, do your research and come to your own conclusion. Do not take my word or that of anybody else that this is a good or a bad idea. Do your research and come to your own conclusion but remember, should you decide to proceed with a car tire on your motorcycle, you do so at your own risk and you agree to NOT hold VentureRider.org or any moderator, administrator or member here responsible for any negative consequences of your decision.

4. There are people who have strong feelings on both sides of this issue. It this can be discussed in a mature way then that will be great. Please remember, this forum is NOT solely for the purpose of hearing from those who think that a car tire on a motorcycle is a great idea. There will likely be some posts from those who think it is a dangerous idea. There is likely to be discussion and debate. That is why this is called a DISCUSSION FORUM. If those who participate in this forum cannot do so without resorting to personal attacks and sarcastic comments then this area will be removed IMMEDIATELY.:think:

Don "Freebird" Nelson

Quite frankly calling someone ignorant is insulting, period....

I for one am tired of all this Politically correct Crap!

If you don't want your threads deleted, act civil(speak to others as you would like to be spoken to)

Don't have a problem with the moderators deleting things when they get out of hand. Only wish they would delete the offending post instead of an entire thread. :whistling:

See what you started Black Owl!:confused24:

I agree Larry, Winter brings it out !!! NO MORE SNOW! !

I think Owls post was more of a gentle reminder to watch what we post and try not to be offensive towards others here.

Now I'll tell ya I'm getting riled up here cause we're getting "SNOW" tonight.

Come on spring.

Larry

Hey! You boys are offending me! I WANT more snow so I can do some snowmobiling with family! :rotf: :stickpoke::snow::snow::snow:

and THAT is the bottom line Cougar and the rest of you. While it may not have bothered some of you, others WERE indeed offended that somebody could be considered ignorant because they may think that it is an unsafe practice. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. If you research this particular topic, you will find that many good riders think that it is perfectly safe and many think that it is not. Many tire experts will also tell you that it is not safe. I'm not saying that it is or isn't, I'm simply saying that we can sometimes get differing opinions from different experts and then come to our own conclusions. If I come to a different conclusion that you do, that does not mean that either of us are ignorant, we just choose to interpret the information differently.

This tire issue is just one example. The same holds true in regards to many things that we discuss here. Pulling a trailer, headlight modulators, and on and on and on. It is OK that we disagree and we can all learn from debating some of these things but that does not mean that one is ignorant just because they come to a different conclusion that somebody else.

The problem is that some are more sensitive to such remarks than others. If it reaches the point that a member is afraid to post their opinion for fear of being insulted, then we lose what may have been some good information that we could have all learned from.