IGNORED

How many times

Black Owl

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be insulted if I only knew what pejorative meant. :scratchchin:

Pejorative : Descriptive verb, or noun: Meaning the state of mind of a 2nd Generation owner dealing with the guilt of inferior ownership while in the shadow of 1st Generation owners. Used to describe the extreme jealousy developed in the subconscious cranium area that eventually works itself out and shows up in degenerative remarks and attitudes.

Excerpt from 1st Generation Dictionary of Offensive Terms, 2/23/2012. :detective:

You're welcome...:sun:

Pejorative : Descriptive verb, or noun: Meaning the state of mind of a 2nd Generation owner dealing with the guilt of inferior ownership while in the shadow of 1st Generation owners. Used to describe the extreme jealousy developed in the subconscious cranium area that eventually works itself out and shows up in degenerative remarks and attitudes.

Excerpt from 1st Generation Dictionary of Offensive Terms, 2/23/2012. :detective:

You're welcome...:sun:

I would suggest the above is a good example of what Pejorative really means ...

I worked with a guy who was genuinely brilliant. His handicap was that his brilliant mind worked in mysterious ways, mysterious to the rest of us at least.

The thing is, this guy didn’t suffer fools gladly. Whenever he was unable to win an argument based on his wit, wisdom, and elocution he would then begin his assault. The beginning was always the same question: “Is ignorance bliss”? This was stated in a way that was unmistakably an insult.

The best retort I ever heard was from another brilliant, yet much more mature man who replied: “Well, given the breadth and depth of human knowledge I think some ignorance is unavoidable. For those that are unwilling to concede that point, I believe arrogance provides a measure of comfort.”

The best retort I ever heard was from another brilliant, yet much more mature man who replied: “Well, given the breadth and depth of human knowledge I think some ignorance is unavoidable. For those that are unwilling to concede that point, I believe arrogance provides a measure of comfort.”

now that's a good one!!

Will I remember it? ... probably not :bang head:

Clowning around? might that be yerself yer riferrin tae m8t? LOL

Not me :2143: ... I am always dead serious.... :stirthepot:

:bowdown: I was thinking of Yammer Dan.....

:rotf:

It's all good and fun until somebody gets a turn signal lens busted....

Might be.....but not cost effective. :backinmyday:

Now careful there....you're giving the first genners ideas here, cause they seem to think their bikes are capable of flying..:bang head:

HAY:whistling: I so to can fly,:stirthepot: I took it off the ground:cool10: not 18 miles from my house.

(hadtochangemyuknowwhats:( when I got home)

I truly don't want to do that agan!!!:whistling:

Now careful there....you're giving the first genners ideas here, cause they seem to think their bikes are capable of flying..:bang head:

Yepper.....flying right past those slower 2nd Gens and Goldwing wannabees...right past...

!st Gen comes with gear selector, tach, clock and a few other things I've forgotten.:whistling:

Actually, the RSV's come with a gear selector, as do the 1st gens. However, the 1st gens also come with a gear position indicator on the Royales.

:sign brain fart:

And a 1st gen is so cool it doesn't need the HD look-alike faux air cool fins.

Gary

You getting ideas???? First you need to get your 1st gen back together. Probably need to do the carbs, since it has been about 6 years, in your garage. :bang head: Maybe just pass the 1st gen off to Scot or Ben, as you slowed down to 2nd gen speeds. :stickpoke:

Also, I had the 86 & trailer airborne, on final approach to Big Tom's, crossing railroad tracks. This was a week or so, after meeting up with you again, Dogman & Evan.