IGNORED

Naked 1st Gen pictures

KIC

I'm looking for any pictures of naked 1st Gens that are riders. Have a friend that has an 84 that the tupperware is pretty sun dried etc. Was thinking that instead of parting it out, maybe trying to strip it down and make a back up rider out of it.

They look terrible plain naked, so I'm wondering how anybody dressed them up to make em look prettier than a 2nd Gen... dang...did I type that last part out loud ..? :confused24:

If I ever get tired of mine the way it is it may very well end up looking something like these B&W shots.

Some others have done some nice tricks to cleaning up the lines to. I like the blue one a lot, and I got nuttin' to say about the orange thing. Just throwing pics out there for ya.

Mike

I always fall back to this one for questions on "nekked" Ventures. It is one of our guys if I remember right. Zag or Zagger?

He put a lot into this designing the leading edge front end and even tuned exhaust.

Got to admire the creativity.

Mike

that is very cool .

Some others have done some nice tricks to cleaning up the lines to. I like the blue one a lot, and I got nuttin' to say about the orange thing. Just throwing pics out there for ya.

Mike

Any ideas on a cover that could be mounted in place of the trunk from some other bikes.

I like to go out at times without the trunk on. Bike handles better in curves, and less weight, lower center of gravity. More get up & go.

I not any good at making a part like this, me and fiberglass don't get along.

Something from another bike that could be modded to be detachable would be nice.

Gary

Been playing with making a form to build a rack cover that would look something like the one on this bike by heat shaping a single sheet of ABS for the body of it. Once I get the seams figured out and a clean way to mount it it might look alright. Scraped a few trial pieces so far. Only been playing with the idea for couple years. But I got stacks of ABS sheets so I can keep melting stuff for a while.

Don't hold your breath.

Mike

Been playing with making a form to build a rack cover that would look something like the one on this bike by heat shaping a single sheet of ABS for the body of it. Once I get the seams figured out and a clean way to mount it it might look alright. Scraped a few trial pieces so far. Only been playing with the idea for couple years. But I got stacks of ABS sheets so I can keep melting stuff for a while.

Don't hold your breath.

Mike

Mike is that blue bike yours?

It looks better than anything Yamaha designed!

If I ever get tired of mine the way it is it may very well end up looking something like these B&W shots.

Mike

Those are nice looking bikes.I am thinking of doing that to mine.I am also installing road king pipes.

Any ideas on a cover that could be mounted in place of the trunk from some other bikes.

I like to go out at times without the trunk on. Bike handles better in curves, and less weight, lower center of gravity. More get up & go.

I not any good at making a part like this, me and fiberglass don't get along.

Something from another bike that could be modded to be detachable would be nice.

Gary

Hey GARY HERE'S AN IDEA take the cover that goes over the battery and gas tank and turn it around measure it and cut off what you don"t need . You might have to make some kind of mounting bracket for ti though. Just a thought.