IGNORED

Yamaha Royal Star "PALOMINO EDITION"

usedcyclesales

It looks authentic.

Yamaha made the Palomino as a special edition only in 1997. Beautiful bikes and you don´t see to many around. Don´t know how many were produced but if I find the info as well as the dealer price in 1997 I will post another reply.

Eighty seven Palominos were painted under Yamaha contract by Andrew Preston at Bushtec Trailers. Don´t think any other painter had a Palomino contract with Yamaha so this could be one of only 87 made. Note I am not sure about this but you can see the info I found at this link: http://roadstarclinic.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,187/func,view/catid,49/id,237812/

Now lets see if I can find the dealer price from 1997

I found this posted on the STARCRUISER web site So I guess they were a limited paint scheme.

I looked for a painter while the buying and selling was in high gear. I inquired at local paint and body shops, but never got a warm fuzzy about any of them. The local shops seemed to be unjustifiably expensive, so I turned my search to out-of-town sources. I finally settled on Andrew Preston, the painting expert at Bushtec Trailers in Jacksboro, Tennessee.

A few years earlier, Yamaha had contracted with Andrew to custom paint 85 Royal Stars in an ivory pearl color for the one-time offering of the "Palomino" model. I figured if he was good enough for Yamaha, he was good enough for me.

Recently, my brother found a good deal on a 2006 Jayco Motorhome... too good to be true.

He got the VIN and ran a carfax. Best $30 he ever spent... saved him from making a $24,000 mistake.

I am not sure carfax lists motorcycles, but it would be worth looking in to.

The Palomino was made only the one year. We sold 3 of them in NC. The biggest problem with them was the tan bags and seat bleaching out from the sun. There was little to no uv protection on them. Yamaha warranty covered them for a while. Great looking but hard to keep looking good. By the way, the bags are the same hard leather that came on the Tour Classsic in black.

• 5 months later...

I am new to the family. I purchased a 1997 Palamino with 20,000 miles from Flordia. When I bought it, the original bill of sale was in a saddle bag compartment, Yes, it was a little over $21,000. Has all the original owner's info.

Beautiful, gets tons of comments. The bags on this one are and the leather hard framed bags. I'm looking forward to the next maintenance day in Ohio.

• 1 year later...

I have been researching the Palomino edition as I have been toying with the idea of possibly building a clone. What I found was the '97 Palomino edition had the leather covered hard bags, and the '96 Tour Classic had the throw over style bags. Personally I'm not a fan of the throw over style of bags.

A HA!! Soooo YOUR the one draggin up old threads and tricking ol Pucster into getting involved.. GOT CHA THIS TIME YOU OLD SEA DOG YOU!!!:backinmyday:

Wish you the best on doing the Clone if you decide to go there Seadog! Personally I LOVED the looks of the Pali!! I wish I were wealthy cause I would have an original of all the one year, special addition bikes Yammy,,,,, and all the other manufactures made.... :bighug:

I found this on the web, only done in 97, this is the stock photo.

http://www.cyclechaos.com/images/b/b2/1997-Yamaha-ROYAL-STAR-PALOMINO-Tan-1.jpg

This picture makes me wonder, in this version what did they do with the air filters and all the other crap that they hid behind the lower fairings. I like this look much better than the MM lower fairing look. Is there a mod to revert the RSTD back to this look by removing the lower fairings?

This picture makes me wonder, in this version what did they do with the air filters and all the other crap that they hid behind the lower fairings. I like this look much better than the MM lower fairing look. Is there a mod to revert the RSTD back to this look by removing the lower fairings?

The royal stars without the lower leg fairings like the model in this picture "stock photo" all had a single air filter design under the fuel tank.

also did not have cruise control.

all of the cruise control items are located in lower leg fairings on the rsv and rstd.

The royal stars without the lower leg fairings like the model in this picture "stock photo" all had a single air filter design under the fuel tank.

also did not have cruise control.

all of the cruise control items are located in lower leg fairings on the rsv and rstd.

:think: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, The cruise control never worked anyway. I wonder what else it would take?

Personally I LOVED the looks of the Pali!! I wish I were wealthy cause I would have an original of all the one year, special addition bikes Yammy,,,,, and all the other manufactures made.... :bighug:

Gotta agree with you Puc. Beautiful scoot. If I were ever inclined to own a TD it'd hafta be this one. Heck I'd even put up with the mouse motor..... :)

Just to be clear the Palomino model pictured is from the original Royal Star model line, that is the non Venture based models that were manufactured and sold from 1996 to 2001, none of those had the set up the Venture started sporting in 1999 and the new version of the TD in 2005, which is just a stripped down version of the Venture.

The Palominos and some other models were very limited editions, the paint was done by Bushtec Trailers.