IGNORED

Michelin Commander II have been released

M61A1MECH

According to Michelin, they will get twice the mileage of a standard tire. Pretty bold claim. We'll see.

Metzeler ME880 and the Dunlop D407/D408 were the comp tires. is the Dunlop 407/408 an Elite II/III ?

They have a rear tire for the 2nd gens, but not a front tire in oem size, but a 130/90-16 might work.

Edited by RandyR

Metzeler ME880 and the Dunlop D407/D408 were the comp tires. is the Dunlop 407/408 an Elite II/III ?

D407 and D408 are Dunlop OE tires for Harley Davidson. D407 came stock on the Fl models and others. Not sure what if any similarities in design to the E3 or older E2.

Hopefully more sizes are coming. I see from that list they don't have any 18" fronts either, in particular 130 70 -18 which fits Goldwing and Stratoliner and others, a market I'm sure they would want to sell to.

I'm not far from replacing my rear Commander (old style). Would like to be able to try a set front and rear.

RSTDdog

I have over 18000 miles on my current set of Commanders and would love to replace them with Commander IIs. Like someone said, there is a tire for the rear of the RSTD but the size for the front is a rear tire and will not do. Any idea of another size that might work for the RSTD front?

Okay, I'll bite.

Just need a rear, have a set of old Commanders on my RSTD now, it's time for the rear.

I just ordered the Commander II 150/90/15 rear from Bikebandit.com cause I had a $15 promo coupon. http://www.bikebandit.com/michelin-commander-ii-motorcycle-tire

I was planning on an E3,,, but, hey I've been waiting to see the new Commanders.

As I don't need a front for a while, them not making the stock size is okay.

Is was $141.96 but they do charge $8.95 for shipping. So, with coupon about $136 delivered.

Some of the others ship free.

Anyhow, should come in end of next week (from San Deigo to SC, UPS).

It's my solo bike, I'll give it a try.

Mike G in SC

Edited by Mike G in SC

I have over 18000 miles on my current set of Commanders and would love to replace them with Commander IIs. Like someone said, there is a tire for the rear of the RSTD but the size for the front is a rear tire and will not do. Any idea of another size that might work for the RSTD front?

I believe the 130/90-16 front is the same size as the Avon I'm running on my RSTD and like very much. Its narrower than the stock 150/80-16.