IGNORED

Home Furnace Electronic Air Filter ?

GolfVenture

Anyone has the Carrier Infinity Electronic Air Filtering system installed. I'm needing to install a new Air Filter. It is the GAPCCCAR2025 that actually filters out bacteria. It is supposed to be the similar filtering technology used in hospitals.

My question is that a new one cost around $90.00 and was wondering if someone has figured out a way to clean these filters to get longer life out of them.

I'm guessing not but thought I would would just ask.

Thank You. The cleaning it is referring to is the electronic zapper. The filter I was inquiring about was the paper cartridge, of which it says to discard and replace. I was hoping that someone in the group may have figured out a cleaver way to clean the cartridge filter.

Thanks for trying.

Nope, the paper, call them heppa call them what ever... they are not designed to be cleaned. If you require a system as pure as this will produce then even if there was a non recommended cleaning method for them then you would not be able to assure that the air quality would remain the same as design.

If you do not require this type of cleaning of the air then I would recommend the aforementioned "zapper" type or I have in my home an electro-static reusable cleanable filter that way back then cost me around $100.

Also note there is nothing better for the air quality in your home than having a proper "Power Vac" cleaning of the air ducts in your home. Not the carpet cleaning guys that say they can clean the duct work with their vacuum hose.

Just my :2cents: after over 20 years in the heating industry.