IGNORED

water leak HELP only 5 days before trip

playboy

Just found this drop of antifreeze while i was trying to route aux cable for Ipod suppose to leave on the 14th and I know there is no way the dealer can get to it. Going to try an post pics.Its on the left side of motor between the cyclinders.

IMG_0355.jpg IMG_0356.jpgIMG_0354.jpg

Also any suggestion on fixing these tabs Last pic I installed two bolts here are they suppose to be there had a zip tie in one hole.

IMG_0362.JPGIMG_0363.JPGIMG_0364.JPG

Looks to me like the cylinder drain plug is leaking. I can't tell for sure but that is my opinion at this time. Have you had the cylinder side covers off recently? I am curious as to why you 07 RSV has silver side covers. Probably none of my buiness. Maybe it is the light in the photo.

:farmer:

The most common coolant leak is from the water jacket plugs behind the fake fins - but that is not your problem. Your picture clearly shows where it is leaking - this is not a common location. It does not looks bad, so if your bike is still under warranty, I'd just watch the coolant level every morning and wait until you return to take it in for the shop to fix.

Those tabs are broken on virtually every RSV - it is a stupid design. The fairing can be replaced under warranty, but they will break again in just a couple of weeks. See my article in the tech library on how to make some simple braces to fix the problem..

Goose

Thanks V7GOOSE I had just found your post on the tabs While trying to find something on my leak. I will just keep an eye on it an keep it cleaned off till i get back you don't know what a relief this is to know. On second thought you probably do lol. Again I appreciate your knowledge an quick response.

Another, thought I would like to get together sometime for a meet an eat. I grew up in Hurst and rode the back roads on the back of my mom and dads bike all over Colleyville and Grapevine things sure have changed out there not many back roads left are there.

Thanks again, Vince:thumbsup2::Venture::clap2:

I'd love to meet with you and do some bench racing - come on down any time. I have somebody coming in for a valve adjust and steering bearing lube on the weekend of 10/21 - might be interesting for you if you can come by then.

As for the coolant - no way I can say for sure how minor the leak is just from static pictures. I THINK it is minor, but be sure to check the level in the overflow tank every day after the engine has completely cooled (that's why I suggested every morning). That way you cannot accidentally get burned by engine problems from low coolant that the shop might try to blame on you.

Goose

Edited by V7Goose