IGNORED

I suppose most will hate this, but a LIKE button?

myminpins

Any possibility of a "like" button on here? Or a "thumbs up" "thumbs down"? I find it a really helpful feature, like the thanks but not quite the same, and it keeps the forum from being cluttered with "good post" and such.

So many times I've seen posts and thought, "Great post!" but "thanks" wasn't really appropriate and "reply" and then clicking a smiley then "post" then back three times to get back to the forum is, frankly, too much to be bothered with just to say "good post".

Just a thought.:happy34:

So many times I've seen posts and thought, "Great post!" but "thanks" wasn't really appropriate and "reply" and then clicking a smiley then "post" then back three times to get back to the forum is, frankly, too much to be bothered with just to say "good post".

Just a thought.:happy34:

:thumbsup2::clap2:

I kind of agree. I don't really think that we need a "thanks" button and a "like" button. I see no problem with using the "thank you" feature for both. There is a feature that adds a like button but basically what it does is post the thread to your facebook account. For those without facebook accounts, it would be useless.

:sign woo hoo:

Actually you can compile a group of favorite imocons that will appear at the bottom of your post editor, and are available without having to bring up another page to search through. Makes things real easy to comment on a post without having to jump through hoops... Without realy looking I think the feature is located in your CP??

Thanks and like are not the same thing. If you think they are, it's your board, that's fine. I don't want anything posted to Facebook.

Thanks for letting me know.

Actually you can compile a group of favorite imocons that will appear at the bottom of your post editor, and are available without having to bring up another page to search through.

Still, without a "quick reply", it's "reply" then click whatever you want there, then "post" then back three pages to go back to the board. To me, that's a lot of clicks. I'm on a computer all day and I type for a living. To have to go through all that just to say thanks, to ME, isn't worth it.

I do understand the the definitions for "think" and "like" are not the same. If you "like" a post though, don't you think that just thanking somebody for that post would indicate that you LIKE it? Would you feel better if I simply changed the text of that function from "thank" to "like"? Then those who appreciate the post could say that they "like" it and and I'm sure the poster would take that as a thanks. hmmmmmmmmmmm.......... I just don't know why we need so many different ways of basically telling somebody that we appreciate what they posted.

As for the "quick reply" thread, I thought I had already addressed that issue. It only makes sense when people view the forum in the "threaded" mode. I've been through this and even did a poll one time. Not that many responses in the poll but looking in the admin control panel I can tell you that of all the members here, probably less than half a dozen use the "threaded" mode. So should I take away the option for Linear mode and force users to use the threaded mode to satisfy the 5 or 6 people who would prefer to have a quick reply option?

The point is, I can't please everybody. I can only TRY to please the majority and that is what I try to do. I'm NOT a professional programmer but have spent many hours adding features and cobbling together hacks to add features that are requested. You said "it is your board, that's fine". That makes it sound like I don't care about what people want. Those who have been here for a long time can testify that I've added a LOT of features here at the request of only one or two members. I will try my best to do that if it's not something that negatively affects the majority. SOMETIMES, things are requested that I simply can't figure out how to implement.

You said "it is your board, that's fine". That makes it sound like I don't care about what people want.

Oh, no, no, no!!! I didn't mean it that way at all :sign07: and, yes, I know you already addressed the quick reply option, I was just explaining my reasoning, that's all. :D

I definitely appreciate all you do on this board, Freebird, and have no problem with the decision, I just tend to over-explain myself sometimes, that's all. :sign07: Sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intention, I wasn't complaining, just explaining. :o

OK...it may or may not be exactly what you wanted but I figured out a way to add a "Like" button that does NOT interface in any way with Facebook. You will see it at the bottom of each post, except your own posts, just above the "thanks" link. All you do is click on the green thumbs up.

Now as for the REST of your post...uh...women really SHOULD come with an operating manual...us men often can't decipher between the "explaining" and "complaining". :whistling:

Edited by Freebird

Thanks and like are not the same thing. If you think they are, it's your board, that's fine. I don't want anything posted to Facebook.

Thanks for letting me know.

Still, without a "quick reply", it's "reply" then click whatever you want there, then "post" then back three pages to go back to the board. To me, that's a lot of clicks. I'm on a computer all day and I type for a living. To have to go through all that just to say thanks, to ME, isn't worth it.

There's another small history arrow next to the page forward/back arrows in the menu bar. Click on it for a drop down menu and go directly back to the thread page. Saves lots of time.... Saying thanks is easy....

Guest tx2sturgis
Is it possible for you to show me this button of which you speak using a screen shot? I can't figure that out. sorry.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

It probably wont show up with any type of forum app on a mobile device. Thats the purpose of these forum apps, to filter out all the unnecessary graphics, which saves data when on the road.

Don, can you add a 'girls in bikinis' button?

:D

Edited by tx2sturgis

It probably wont show up with any type of forum app on a mobile device. Thats the purpose of these forum apps, to filter out all the unnecessary graphics, which saves data when on the road.

Don, can you add a 'girls in bikinis' button?

:D

Yea right...then I would never get anything else done.

So what did we end up with. A Thanks button or a like button ??

Personally don't think we need both. I did like identifying who thanked the person but think it could be called a Like button.

Just my two cents

Brad

It does seem a bit repetitious. We'll try it for a while but if most don't like it...POOF ... it will be gone. The better solution may have been to just change the text of the "thanks" button to "like"....or just leave it alone.

I wasn't reading it on my mobile - I just replied from my mobile (I just installed Tapatalk and wanted to see how well it works. I like it!). I still can't find the button. :(

Edited by myminpins

Guest tx2sturgis
No, I don't see anything. Attached 's what I see at the bottom right of your message. I don't see an arrow anywhere.

I see something that says "I like this post" with a green 'like' button...but I havent pressed it so I dont know if its an actual button.