IGNORED

Radio Install on '06 RSTD

I am about to install a radio/amp on my '06 RSTD. I know I can wire the amp directly to the battery leads however i would prefer to have the radio controlled by the ignition switch. I'm looking for how to instructions. Any help would be much appreciated.

What kinda radio and how and where?

Thanks Geep

It is a Shark radio. I saw the plug under the seat near the battery but i thought the white plastic was a cap. i tried to remove it but obviously could not. do you need to pierce the plastic first before inserting the wires? and are the wires held in place somehow or do i need to crimp them?

Thanks Geep

It is a Shark radio. I saw the plug under the seat near the battery but i thought the white plastic was a cap. i tried to remove it but obviously could not. do you need to pierce the plastic first before inserting the wires? and are the wires held in place somehow or do i need to crimp them?

I pulled out a male cover which exposed two round female openings, there is something inside there that grips the wires...kinda Mickey mouse but way better than nothing IMO

• 3 years later...