IGNORED

Bob Myers fork seal tool is available

1BigDog

Bob Myers made a tool that seats the bushings and seals on the 2nd gen forks, It was decided to pass it around to the members as needed, with the last possessor paying the shipping. FLB was the first, and im the second. I just finished assembling the fork legs and in a few days ill be adding the fork oil. Once im sure its not leaking ill post the tools availability.

So, if your planning on rebuilding/re-sealing your front forks on a 2nd gen, this tool is indispensable. It worked like a charm.

Thanks again, Bob and Forrest....:smile5:

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=54889&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538 attachment.php?attachmentid=54890&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538 attachment.php?attachmentid=54891&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538 attachment.php?attachmentid=54892&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538 attachment.php?attachmentid=54893&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538

attachment.php?attachmentid=54894&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300680538

Ruffy, are you capable of making a detailed drawing of it? I have forgotten most of the dimensioning. Forrest and I changed it some after the first run, and we did not document the latest/greatest version of it.

Dave, I can do so, give me a couple weeks to either dig this hole deeper or get out of it. I am covered up at work right now. In fact, I'll likely pull another 12 tomorrow and 8 on Sunday, just trying to finish off stuff from July.

Good idea Forrest, I would likely make that one over any way. It just didn't suit me for fit and finish if you remember.

Any one that wants this loaner tool or a personal version of it can post in this thread or PM me.

Myers Machine

724 Westland Dr

Lexington, Ky40504

Good idea Forrest, I would likely make that one over any way. It just didn't suit me for fit and finish if you remember.

Any one that wants this loaner tool or a personal version of it can post in this thread or PM me.

Myers Machine

724 Westland Dr

Lexington, Ky40504

Bob, it worked just fine for me. Cant see where it would need any more improvements. Ill get it in the mail once I fill the forks and make sure I have no leaks. Should be no later then Wed. :smile5:

Bob, part should be going out Priority mail tomorrow. I also took care of some of that fit and finish issues. :smile5:

Bob, part should be going out Priority mail tomorrow. I also took care of some of that fit and finish issues. :smile5:

You're a polishin' fool, Jeff.

I got something that could use a good polish job.

http://www.caringfriends.hk/typo3temp/pics/5f78740a6a.jpg

:whistling:

Dave, I can do so, give me a couple weeks to either dig this hole deeper or get out of it. I am covered up at work right now. In fact, I'll likely pull another 12 tomorrow and 8 on Sunday, just trying to finish off stuff from July.

Bob-

Don't stress on it. It's something that I'm looking to do this winter. Even if you have the specs (drawings) on it. I can have my friend make one in his shop.

Dave

• 3 months later...