IGNORED

Four different 15-40 diesel oils now available

Guest Captain Video

I just got a couple bottles of 15-40 T4, which I thought superseded the T. I'm not aware of any difference outside of cloudy marketing terminology. It's a dino oil, or at least lacks any indication to the contrary, including a very low price.

T5 is a synthetic blend and T6 is a full synthetic. So if you do the T5 you will be adding a blend. I have generally not been adding synthetics to any engine or shiftable gearbox that didnt call for it new. I just started using the T4 when I ran out of T, put some in my Vmax last week and ran the snott out of it in the hills, no difference that I can till in shifting or clutch behavior.

:2cents:

Well alot of forums that I ran across trying to find the answer is most used 4 quarts of t4 and 2 quarts of t6 now there was another said he ran half and half in his Vmax... but some bike runs 6 qts that is alot of oil....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well alot of forums that I ran across trying to find the answer is most used 4 quarts of t4 and 2 quarts of t6 now there was another said he ran half and half in his Vmax... but some bike runs 6 qts that is alot of oil....

6 qts, dunno what he's running but my gen 1 vmax takes around 3.5qts from empty to center if sight glass, venture should be the same. I'm not sure why a 2:1 mix T4 and T6 instead of maybe just a T5. Can anyone comment on the real world benefit of running a blend in our old bikes, other than increased oil change intervals?

Wow, thread is ten years and one day old. :doh:

I was married and working and not enjoying my job. :buttkick:

I am now divorced, retired and have a girl friend. Yep, life is good. :cool10:

Randy

Me " why does divorce cost so much"

Attorney "It's worth it!!!":amen:

Friend" "why did you get divorced?"

Me " have you met my EX?":yikes:

6 qts, dunno what he's running but my gen 1 vmax takes around 3.5qts from empty to center if sight glass, venture should be the same. I'm not sure why a 2:1 mix T4 and T6 instead of maybe just a T5. Can anyone comment on the real world benefit of running a blend in our old bikes, other than increased oil change intervals?

Hell the Tahoe is the first vehicle that I have owned that hold 6 quarts at oil change now if the engine was completely bone dry I think is more like 10 I believe all the rest of my vehicles I have had only take a gallon after an oil change.... I was thinking a Goldwing but I don't think they could hold 6 quarts either. I am pretty sure he was talking about a specific bike but it wasn't Goldwing. I almost want to say Victory but not 100% certain.

• 2 months later...
I just got a couple bottles of 15-40 T4, which I thought superseded the T. I'm not aware of any difference outside of cloudy marketing terminology. It's a dino oil, or at least lacks any indication to the contrary, including a very low price.
I'm pretty sure Rotella T and Rotella T4 are the same oils. Rotella T has been around for a long time and they decided to change the name to make it consistent with the newer oils now being offered.