IGNORED

U.P. of Michigan

Red Rider

Kewanee Peninsula cannot be beat. 26 from Eagle River to Copper Harbor then back down 41 has to be the best motorcycle road in Michigan. Don't forget to eat some of the fresh whitefish. Nowhere really to avoid it's all good but Kewanee is great.

If you go to Pictured Rocks you need to take the boat tour so you can appreciate them.

http://www.picturedrocks.com/Home.php

Edited by KarlS
added content

Tahquamenon Falls is a must in my book

:sign yeah that:

Been a long time ago I was there. At the lower falls there was a rowboat rental. We took a boat to the island that splits the falls and waded in the rapids. Pretty nice on a hot day.

We are planning a trip to the U.P. of Michigan. Porcupine mts. Is one of the stops we are going to make. What else is cool to see up there? And what route would be the best to take and what places to avoid?

Avoid Yoopers, unless you have a few days, for a visit.

:stickpoke::canada:

temps in the 70's gotta love it. we'll be there all week.

Ya that!:thumbsup2:

I wasn't quite sure if my back could handle a couple 600 mile days back to back for the trip to Cody, but we had the time off scheduled.:scratchchin:

We're just gonna head to Northern WI and bum around for a week or so and see some of the waterfalls and such.:confused24:

Countin' on the "cooler by the lake" thing.:thumbsup2:

Have a great trip, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob
this post has been editted for content, and formatted to fit this screen.

I use to live in Traverse City and always wanted to do the UP. I never did get the chance. Rider Magazine did a very nice write up of a loop of the UP. I kept the issue but I sure can not fine it. There is another write up of the UP at this link http://www.ridermagazine.com/2008/favorite-rides/michigan-motorcycle-rides-the-upper-peninsula/

Hope you have a great time....

Ed

We are planning a trip to the U.P. of Michigan. Porcupine mts. Is one of the stops we are going to make. What else is cool to see up there? And what route would be the best to take and what places to avoid?

I sure hope that wasn't you that blew by us on 196 saturday, but then again you wouldn't have your venture on a trailer being pulled by a toyota avalon , would you??????