IGNORED

Front End Wobble??

Don't pay attention to anything you read here.Everyone here just thinks they know what their taking about.Buy the bike it will be fine.:whistling:

All kidding aside,the front end shake is usually a simple fix.I had it when I bought my "99" just tighten the steering head bearing and all is well.Could all so be a tire issue.Did you test ride the bike? does this bike have a problem with the shakes?

David, your buying a bike with a 5 year warranty. You will still have at least a year left on it, depending when it was first sold. Every bike has certain issues and you can go to any bike specific forum and find many issues with their bikes as well. The dreaded front end wobble mentioned here could be from any number of things. Usually the steering head bearing just needs a snug down and all is well. The tires are also an issue as well as the amount of air pressure in them. Run the right pressure and its fine. The Venture is a truly great bike.

And ignore Steamer...we ARE a bunch of know it alls.......:whistling::whistling:

my '07 had a little "wobble" the first couple thousand miles - but only after hitting a pothole or hard braking...

i tightened the steering head in the garage - a 10 minute process - then made the dealer dismantle everything and tighten to specs..

no problems since then - let's see - that's about 85,000 miles ago...

The front end wobble is more of a 1st gen issue than the 2nd gen, but the reasons for it have already been mentioned above. My 2 cents, bad front tire, loose steering head nut, front shocks not equallly inflated, low tire pressure...

I think the venture is the only bike with the exception of the Roadking that I have not had at least a little wiggle in the front end. I can ride with no hands on the venture, (not recommended), with not a bit of a shake.

David,

I wouldn't worry about it if this is the bike you really want. This was an issue more on the 1st gen Ventures, where these 2nd gen Ventures are for the most part solid at any speed. Just about any bike will possibly suffer from a deceleration wobble, but this can be easily corrected with slightly tightening the steering head bearing.

Hope this helps,

Rick

I read some articles on the Ventures having this issue. Is this something thats common? I may have second thoughts on purchasing the 07 Im looking at.