IGNORED

Trunk Lid Support

Tom

If any of you guys feel like I do that the trunk support on the Wing is a little flimsy and or noticed the rubbing around the edge of lower trunk I found the cure.I am not advertising for this guy as he runs his business out of his home in Austin,Texas. If you, Don, or moderators feel it is pushing this product please remove post. I called this guy and thats when I found out he lives in Austin as I was going to order a set. He told me why dont I come over and he will Install it for free so Hey,Thats a deal and I did it. Let me tell you the trunk is solid as a rock now and I noticed coming home the rub sound was no more. I am very pleased and that is the only reason I am putting this here..It is a good product,Hands Down! I hope this helps you other Wingers out,Tom

http://www.wingriderproducts.com/index.html

good to know, thanks I have e-mailed them to see if it solves the chaffing on the sides:twing::mo money:
Mine was rubbing and after he installed them he puts on some less than dime size felt stick on things and no rubbing showing or rattling...Just so happens I have 2 friends going over there in the morning to get theirs done..Im gonna ride along just because.

Hey Tom,

I'll be passing through Austin in about 6 weeks and would like to get these installed on my Wing. How long did the work take? How much did they charge for the installation?

He installs for free if you go to his house on the weekend. He just wants you to call a week ahead. When you get ready to have it done I can meet you and we can go over there. Takes him about 35 minutes, no charge to install.

Tom,

I installed a thin (1/4" wide x 1/4" high) rubber (adhesive backed) strip around the lower trunk edge where it was rubing when I first purchased my GW, and it works great

I dont carry much in my trunk as far as weight (just a coat, gloves, and riding pants and a few small items). The trunk is way more solid enough for me for what all I carry in it.