IGNORED

Those pesky TABS

I mentioned this in another post, but I thought I would post again and ask another way.

The fairing tabs that hold the windshield are a known problem with the Venture. In fact, many of you have said that EVEN NEW VENTURES could very well have the tabs already cracked or broken.

I had asked if it was important to have the fairing replaced, and a couple of you said yes, get it fixed or it would get worse. I have two issues with getting fixed...first, because I have done some wiring under the fairing I am afraid they will hassle me about the tabs and accuse me (like others have been accused) of breaking them myself. The OTHER issue I have is that I did my wiring the way I wanted it done and I don't want them messing with it.

OK, so no my other point about not getting the tabs fixed...if someone owned a Venture and did NONE of their own work, and based on those statements that the tabs were of poor design and cracked on their own, isn't it possible for this breakage to go for a LONG period of time and MANY miles without knowing anything was wrong?

What do you think?

Wally