Submitted by Saddlebum.
Proper use of steering head wrench with torque wrench
By the way everyone for some of you who may not be aware of this, There is a small issue you need to keep in mind when using this tool with a torque wrench.
- If you mount the tool on on a torque wrench at a 90 degree angle to the torque wrench . You may set the torque wrench to the exact torque spec.
- If you mount it at a 45 DEG. angle or straiaght in line. You have to do a small calculation to compansate for the additional length.
- In otherwords you set your torque wrench at a lower setting to compensate for the added length.
- Here are two links that will do the calculation for you as well as explain it.
- The second link actually gives you a pic of the torgue wrench setup. you simply fill in the boxes and it will tell you what set your torque wrench at in order to reach the desired torque.