IGNORED

Cheap replacement for CD

friesman

I've never seen nor tried one of those but I don't see why it wouldn't be just fine. The thing is, for not a lot more than that you can pick up a GPS that has the same functionality and have the music and directions. :)

YEah , I thought that too, but I was wondering if you G2 guys would mount it in the trunk like the cd, would the radio controls work to make it seem seemless? A lot of times around town, I dont have a GPS on the bike in case it turns up missing in a parking lot so this might solve that issue by being an outta sight outta mind thing.....for about 80 buck it might work for a G2 rider.

Brian

One or two of us have tried and tried to get the guys down in Florida to build one for the G2 but they never seem to get it all together. I spoke to the rep name Pete extensively for several weeks but he never came through with one that will work on the G2. Someone else has been trying to do the same thing but I think he got the same runaround. If you want to try yourself, contact Bikemp3.com(I think ) and see what you can come up with. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it would work like they advertise for the GW.

Brian,

When my daughters Ipod battery gave out, I bought her a new one. I took the old Ipod and wired an FM transmitter for Ipods (special at Canadian Tire for $9.00) into the bikes 12v system and plug the Ipod in. It runs on "shuffle" songs and all I do it tune my onboard radio to the FM frequency of the Ipod transmitter. Basically just like another radio station.

Of course, if you bought my bike I might be tempted to through the Ipod in:big-grin-emoticon:

Right now I need to trade the bike for a snowblower! What a year.

Barry

One or two of us have tried and tried to get the guys down in Florida to build one for the G2 but they never seem to get it all together. I spoke to the rep name Pete extensively for several weeks but he never came through with one that will work on the G2. Someone else has been trying to do the same thing but I think he got the same runaround. If you want to try yourself, contact Bikemp3.com(I think ) and see what you can come up with. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it would work like they advertise for the GW.

I am one of the other guys that have been in contact with Pete in Fla. He was tied up with a CB project for the longest time. I have sent him the specs again, but haven't heard back :confused24: He had a C-Buss cable made up for me to try but I haven't received it yet,,,, I will be calling him again Friday to see if I can get the Venture Project resurrected and his interest going again. The device works great on my GL1800. I have been using it for a year or better on it. The one referenced here by J&M is the same device, and they just sale them, Pete with BikeMP3 does the R&D for the fitments.

Here's my CD replacement. A Sansa Fuze. http://eimages.ecost.com/prod/7728000/7728912_lg.jpg

I have a couple in 4GB. About $30 as a refurb plus a few $ for the cable to plug in to the accessory port. And you can add more memory with the MiniSD cards.

Edited by BigBoyinMS

Here's my CD replacement. A Sansa Fuze. http://eimages.ecost.com/prod/7728000/7728912_lg.jpg

I have a couple in 4GB. About $30 as a refurb plus a few $ for the cable to plug in to the accessory port. And you can add more memory with the MiniSD cards.

I agree with you! I use a similar setup, But unlike the Cd Player which can be locked in the saddlebag or trunk, you can't really leave this out everytime you stop to go into a business without fear of some idiot coming along and using his "five-finger discount". That's why we are talking about "cd player replacement". Plus you have to remove this during a rain shower or take precautions to keep it dry. That's why we were looking for something that would become part of the motorcycle and not just another "addon".

Edited by Kirby

I have one and been using the BikeMP3 unit for about 9 months on my GW 1800.

It has it's problems when used on the early model Goldwings (like mine)..2001-thru-2005

On the early model GW's, it is not compatible with the stock Honda radio. The radio causes it to lock up and you can not change channels. However, it will continue to play songs.

Once I turn mine on, it plays great... I can change songs up to "maybe' 7 to 9 times, then it locks up and I can not change to another song manually, but all the songs play and will continue to play until you shut the bike off.

The only way the BikeMP3 player will come back on is if you first, turn your radio on "before" you shut the bike off.

If you turn your radio on before you shut the bike off, then once you start your bike you can then click on the MP3 player and it will work again, and manually change songs up to 7-9 times and then it locks up again.

I know what to do on my bike to keep the MP3 player working all the time so I am use to it now..

The BikeMP3 player unit I have will hold 999 envelopes and each envelope will hold 999 songs.

Oh yes...I too am waiting for an answer/ fix from PETE.....

Pete is very WELL known on the GW site I am on too....

• 1 month later...

The G2 Venture C-Buss is supposedly back on the table for doping out, along with a Valkyrie,,, :confused24: There was a cable made at one time for the Venture, but their CB Project went overboard, and put it off until now ( or as I was told by Pete a day or so ago )

• 1 year later...

This device is the first USB/SD Interface developed for Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Once plugged in the CD changer input (cassette deck or amplifier), lets you listen to MP3 through the original audio system of the motorcycle, being handled through the handlebar controls and behaving similarly the original CD changer.

http://www.venturemp3.com

Let's bring this thread up to date. The title certainly works.

I bought the VentureMP3. It arrived in less than two weeks, with seems pretty good for an item coming from Spain.

Installation was a breeze. Sure, it requires removing the seats, tank, and splitting the fairing, but that really goes without saying for a stereo part that's mounted in the trunk. I plugged the included wire into the CD connection from the stereo and it works just fine. There's even a nice heavy pass-through plug included for the hole in the bottom of the trunk. I see no reason it wouldn't work for those with the CD in the side bag.

There is a switch on the wire next to the player to control power during long term storage. I believe this is a result of the nature of the Clarion CD that Yamaha used. I am planning on bypassing the switch with a relay wired under the seat and controlled by switched power to remove the need to worry with the mechanical switch at all. When I add the relay I'll take pictures and do a write-up of the whole thing.

The player has worked well so far. SpanishVenturer recently sent me an email regarding stripping the ID3 tags that are sometimes found in MP3 files. He has windows based software available to help folks remove the tags. (I don't do Windows, so I'll be doing it on my own - common issue as I'm a hard core Linux nerd.) There has been an occasional hang with the songs I've put on the card. I suspect removing the ID3 tags will remedy that since there have been a number of devices that simply don't like the tags. Once I convert my music files, most of which are in Ogg Vorbis format, I won't have any tags to worry about and will be able to do a better test of the device.

All in all I'm very happy. The device is much smaller than the CD player. Does not skip. The occasional hang can be remedied by a press of the up/down control on the audio head, so even that is quite livable. The SD card can hold a lot of music, and it can also use a pen drive, though I believe it's a one-at-a-time sort of thing. It's controlled by the audio head as if it were the Clarion CD player it replaces.

After several years of empty talk from Pete in Florida (I'm not mad at him, we're not really a large market.), SpanishVenturer has gotten the job done! Thank you very much, sir!

(Oh, and SpanishVenturer, welcome to VentureRider.)

We started developing in 2008 the first interface for Goldwing, until the company which manufactures copied it and started to sell it yourself to USA companies. We were the first company to manufacture these devices. We can prove that we have sold this at least a year before BikeMp3 and JM... They did not design anything, just sell it. Thanks for your support

:welcome1: SpanishVenturer (Jesus)

I was one of the first to buy one of this product and have used it almost daily since then. Other than the occasional hang up, it's is a really good replacement for a CD player or a cassette player. It literally becomes part of the bike as it is integrated into the sound system.

• 1 month later...
:welcome1: SpanishVenturer (Jesus)

I was one of the first to buy one of this product and have used it almost daily since then. Other than the occasional hang up, it's is a really good replacement for a CD player or a cassette player. It literally becomes part of the bike as it is integrated into the sound system.

Can this be modified to mount in place of cassette player? Now THAT would be very nice...:lightbulb:

Can this be modified to mount in place of cassette player? Now THAT would be very nice...:lightbulb:

I don't really think that would be necessary, or even particularly helpful. You can put 99 songs in each of six directories. There's nothing to mess with on the unit aside from the switch to power it on/off (only used for long periods of non-use) and the two places to plug music (SD card slot and a USB port for a flash drive - either/or, not both together).

Then there's the water issue Kirby mentioned.

On the other hand, I suppose one could if one wanted to badly enough, though I personally think gauges or a glove box would be more useful mods. Mine's in the trunk and I'm quite happy with it there.

This was the first add-on I bought when i got my RSV 1 month ago..so far its great ..the occasional hang up .....How is the wiring for the relay coming as the idea of having on a switched circuit is good.....As for the software re stripping id3 tags ..what is it ?

I added the relay to cut the unit off and on and it has worked out great. It's a little bit slower starting up but even then it's up and running in less then a minute. I don't have the switch to manually turn it off on mine.